8/4 Naomi AMPS 372 +4 379 Need advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yanna, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Yanna

Yanna Member

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Yanna and welcome.
    I understand your frustration as that is how I felt when I arrived here in 2015. Within a few weeks we were doing so much better.
    Are you using 1/2 unit syringes to draw up the insulin?
    Have you read the two dosing methods at the top of this page? If you have the time at home to test frequently, you will get results quicker if you do the TR. I would suggest you print off the dosing method and hilite the important points and ask anything you don’t understand.
    I would post daily here on the Lantus forum for support and guidance and people will get to know you and Naomi.
    Lantus likes consistency so you need to choose a dose and stick to it unless you earn a reduction or it is time to increase.

I see you are feeding k/d hills...that is high carb. Try and find something low carb that is also lower phosphorus.
    @Gill & George live in Spain so may be able to help you with food choices.
    You may also be interested in this link..my Sheba has early crd and I fed her this diet successfully.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/home-prepared-diet-of-crd-cats.150441/

Yanna likes this.
  3. Yanna

Yanna Member

Thank you!

I hope these numbers will go down at some point!

I have printed both methods. I can do full curves AM & PM until September 6th. Then I'll have to go back to work but hopefully I'll be back home at +8hrs to do a mini curve until the PM shot. So if TR is better then I'll go for it.

I used a carb calculator a member here suggested and found Hill's kd pouch to have 8,5% carbs. Maybe I should find something less than that with low phosphorus. It's difficult...

I'll go through the info in the link and come back with any questions

I use U100 0,3ml with the half unit printed

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Hi Yanna, I am too new myself to give advice. But I wanted to say I'm really glad you have started posting pretty Naomi's numbers in the Lantus forum. Doing this with support makes such a huge difference. I have managed to stick to the TR protocol for Butters since I started posting her numbers here. It is really worth while.

Here is a link on working full time and doing TR that might be helpful seeing as you will be going back to work next month. Lots of people do TR and work full-time.

Yanna likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

See if you can find the k/d food you are feeding in here.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...m6PPfEUz9YmzMGMxkmcBk6uRR0/edit#gid=113878384
    You don’t have to do curves every day. Getting tests in during the cycle to see how low the dose it taking your kitty is the idea. So move the tests around. One day you can get a +2 and a +4 and +6. Another day +3 and +5 and another day + 4 and +7 etc. and don’t forget the pm cycle.. always try and get a before bed test in as cats often go lower at night. If the before bed test is lower than the preshot, I would set the alarm and get up and check the BG to see it hasn’t dropped lower.

I think I would try TR and see how you go. Once you go back to work, if it is too hard continuing TR you can always swap back to SLGS.
    Ask lots of questions and if you are not sure about anything post and ask for help.

Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Reason for edit: Fixing autocorrections
    Yanna likes this.
  6. Yanna

Yanna Member

Hi Lyla! Thank you!

This is exactly what I read and thought it is possible!

7. Yanna

Yanna Member

Thank you!!!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  8. Yanna

Yanna Member

After 4 days with a steady dose Naomi's BG is PM +6 222.

If I see a blue in the morning do I still give the same dose or reduce? Her AM shot is in 6 hours