8/5 Osha AMPS 111 +4 83 / Small Kitty AMPS 259 +4 298

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

7/25

Good morning!

My mom did a fabulous job taking care of the kitties while I was in Montreal. The day I left, I got the blood work results for Osha. Her CKD is progressing and she is now solidly in stage 2. Her blood pressure was high and the probnp showed some elevation so my mom went and picked up blood pressure meds for her. She is on amlodipine. I am taking Osha in this afternoon to check her blood pressure to see if it helped. She has lost 1.5 pounds in 5 months which is not good. The vet wanted to do an ultrasound to look for cancer. At $900 I decided against it. She said that cancer cells like glucose, so this is a possibility to why Osha's need for insulin has dropped drastically and why she has lost weight. She gave me mirtazapine to try to increase her appetite and food intake. Going from a cat who drug the petsafe5 feeder around the room and breaking her teeth and putting child proof locks on the food cabinets to barely finishing her food now makes me sad. I haven't given her the mirtzapine. She is still eating, just nothing like she used to do. I don't know.....it's a lot and I am just trying my best.

Small Kitty's numbers aren't great. I hope he comes back down.

My stress level is pretty high right now and I have moments of feeling overwhelmed. I start school next week too.

I hope everyone has a great day!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress and Small Kitty

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  5. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

We just got back from the vet and Osha's blood pressure has gone down with the meds! :cat: She was at 140 today. Much better than the 180 last week.

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug:

Osha likes this.
  7. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding prayers, vines, and :bighug:

Osha likes this.
  8. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

So sorry to hear about Osha. You are doing a great job and I'm glad her BP has gone down.

Osha likes this.
  9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear of the vet's suspicions...as long as Osha is eating and meds are helping with the other issues, then all you can do is be the good mama that you are and do the wonderful things you do to help her feel good for as long as possible. I hope the vet is wrong and that Osha will continue to eat...sending you good strong healing vines and hopeful thoughts. What we all go thru for our little furbabies. Do the best you can and love her lots...sending scritches along to Osha and Small Kitty.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vines and these to you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.