9/10 Cassie AMPS 250 +3 270 +8 132 PMPS 112 rt 147 +3.5 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abby and Cassie, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Previous post

I'm going to probably be gone for about 2 weeks in October/November, to help my boyfriend move across the states! So I've been teaching my sweet mother how to care for Cassie! Right now we're working on testing her glucose. She gets so scared poking Cassie's ear! But she's done so great. I told her I'll teach her how to post on here for encouragement in case she can't reach me. Her eyesight is very bad though so she has trouble seeing the insulin and poking in the right place. I'm thinking she'll have to wear reading glasses to do everything.

Little Babushka today after my mom wrapped her up to test her sugar. :joyful:

[​IMG]

Butters & Lyla and carfurby (GA) like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How adorable. That's great your mom is willing to learn.

Abby and Cassie likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You might want to consider lowering the dose to something on a line while you are gone. Go Mom!

Hopefully the BF is moving closer.

4. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

That's exactly what I was thinking! I wanted to check with what you guys thought about that, so I'm glad you brought it up. I think it would be much easier for her than to deal with the calipers/squinting to see. Poor Cassie's numbers might get a little wonky but we'll get her back in shape once I'm back. Any amount of insulin is better than none!

He is!! :D All the way from Ohio to Arizona!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's a long haul for a relationship! In the week before you go, post the question about a petsitter dose and we can help you figure out what to do. If you lower the dose enough, she also may not need to test as much.

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

That photo melts me. He's so precious!
    And, yay mom. We'd all love to help her!
    My eyes are pretty wonky and I found that wearing a strong pair of reading glasses helped a lot when drawing up doses on a line. That was before I switched to calipers and using a 10x eye loup. Hopefully the glasses will work for her, too.

7. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Thanks everyone! <3 I told my mom you guys are rooting for her and she said she's very comforted by that!

Butters & Lyla likes this.