9/10 Disco AMPS 271/+4.25 269/+7 249/+11 149/PMPS 106/+1 110/+2 90/+3 114/+4 85/+5.25 218/+7 253

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Sep 10, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Last Condo 9/8: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...5-253-pmps-204-1-75-325-4-216-7-5-248.234932/

OK, this morning was Disco's 14th cycle on the reducie after we skipped a dose and he's had one lovely day and then lots of yellows and some blues but two pinks (at pre-shots). Do I go back up to 3.5 again?

I don't think this is a failed reduction but I'm still learning. I know about the dawn phenomenon and am using the timed feeder for 2 tsp LC snacks at ~ 12 midnight and 2am, but didn't know if I should go to MC or HC for those snacks. And I wondered if the PMPS pink was due to the nice AMPS number.

@Wendy&Neko
    @Sue and Luci

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He could have bounced from 9/7. Id be inclined to increase but see if others agree.

3. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Thx for the quick reply! I added a couple of tags and will watch for replys.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'd increase too.

5. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Okeydokey!!

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree he needs a dose increase.

7. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Yep on the increase. I would stick with LC at all meals and snacks and use the higher carb foods if he drops too low. I do a combo of LC/MC when +/- 50 ( sometimes not even MC unless food doesn't move the Noves) and give HC if under 40. Do what works best for Disco during those times. :)

8. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Well, he’s on the move now! Check out his SS. Disco is pretty much on zero carb now as he eats Darwins raw and fancy feast classics (a couple of teaspoons mixed in with each 2 ounce meal of raw) so most the time he needs more of a boost (@Wendy&Neko observed this) and I probably up and jump the gun and feed him HC when I don’t need to, like just now when he went from 114 to 85. I am heading to bed but have my alarm set to test in an hour, can keep that up as I need to, I also have the timed feeder to go off at 1am and 2am w/ 2 tsp MC 8%.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    LindyNova likes this.
  9. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh.....I guess I missed that in your signature. 85 is a good number, unless he has always dropped from there...he seems to be a sneaky one when it comes to drops. G'nite! I'll be up for a while...Nova decided she needed a reducie tonight. :)