9/11 ketones and vetsulin is milky

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katsallday, Feb 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katsallday

Katsallday Member

im supposed to shoot, but the insulin is milky. my husband is the one who shoots for me, he didnt pay attention and doesnt know how long the insulin was milky. please see jekylls spreadsheet, he seemed unresponsive the the insulin

what do i do?!?!?!

heres a pic is thisd normal

2. plumsteal

plumsteal Member

Hopefully someone else can take a look at your spreadsheet, but I wanted to pop in and say that milky Vetsulin is okay—it should be uniformly milky throughout if you’ve shaken it up properly.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Vetsulin is a suspension insulin, that means there are particles in a liquid and you have to mix it before withdrawing insulin from the vial. If not mixed you will see the particles settle out on the bottom the there will be relatively clear liquid on the top.
    "After washing your hands, take the Vetsulin (porcine insulin zinc suspension) vial out of the refrigerator. Shake the vial until the insulin is uniformly milky, allowing any foam to disperse."
    https://www.merck-animal-health-usa.com/vetsulin/dogs/syringeadministration

If you do not mix you can draw out too many particles and BG will drop ore than expected. If you do not mix and only draw out the clear liquid then a injection will have little effect on BG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.