? 9/12 Tommy AMPS 129, PMPS 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tommy_15, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Tommy_15

Tommy_15 Member

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I can tag a few members for you but here is what it SLGS says
    After you post for help you need to come back and see if anyone has replied back

Hold the dose for at least a week:
    • Unless your cat won’t eat or you suspect hypoglycemia
    • Unless your kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L). If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately.
    After 1 week at a given dose perform a 12 hour curve, testing every 2 hours OR perform an 18 hour curve, testing every 3 hours. Note: Random spot checks are often helpful to "fill in the blanks" on kitty's spreadsheet. The goal is to learn how low the current dose is dropping kitty prior to making dose adjustments.
    • If nadirs are more than 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), increase the dose by 0.25 unit
    • If nadirs are between 90 (5 mmol/L) and 149 mg/dl (8.2 mmol/L), maintain the same dose
    • If nadirs are below 90 mg/dl (5mmol/L), decrease the dose by 0.25 unit
    I see many members have said in some of your previous posts you need to be getting some tests in after Tommy's PMPS shot. I posted the threads at the bottom

I myself would be getting a test @+3 or @+4 and @+6 at night to see how he's doing

Is there any reason why you aren't doing this?

You are never going to know how low he is dropping and could go hypo
    Most cats usually drop lower at night

I'm no expert when it comes to giving advice about dosing but Tommy has earned a reduction with this BG of 82 .
    The new dose would be 0.5 units and that's only if you can definitely get some tests in after you shoot, have plenty of test strips, have a hypo kit

Even if you wait 20 minutes and it's over 100 you still need to be getting those tests in after his PMPS to make sure he doesn't drop to low and you have to intervene with food med carb or high carb food
    I'll tag some members for you
    @Tommy_15

@tiffmaxee

@Suzanne & Darcy

@Wendy&Neko

@Christie & Maverick

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-back-to-testing-amps-93.267940/#post-2996181

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-7-tommy-amps-96-102-8-pmps-116.268114/#post-2997803

You should have taken reductions on 8-24, 8-25 and 9-5 but didn't, he dropped under 90 all three times

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    Tommy_15 likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Have you fed? If not, can you test again and see if his numbers are rising? With SLGS you don't shoot below 90.
    He has earned a reduction to 0.5U today.

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Bandit's Mom
    Hi Bhooma did you read what I wrote about there has been no testing after PMPS at all since 8-31. I'm just worried for this kitty. I don't want to sound mean at all but he or she has been told this before about getting tests in after PMPS
    Should have taken a reduction on 8-24, 8-25' and 9-5 but didn't
    @Bandit's Mom

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Please reduce the dose to .5 going forward. The only way to keep Tommy certainly safe is to get some more tests. Please get some evening tests. Please. I hope you are doing all right.

Diane Tyler's Mom and Tommy_15 like this.
  6. Tommy_15

Tommy_15 Member

Thank you all for responding. We've re-tested in an hour and BG was heading up. reduced dose to 0.5 u. Will try to do more tests over night as we can. work schedule plus some resistance from kitty are in a way for overnight testing. From the past tests overnight - BG seems mostly flat during this cycle as Tommy always sleeps like a brick :)

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.