9/14 Dallas AMPS 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dallas boy, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

DexterMeowgan and Bandit's Mom like this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Let's take a call on the autofeeder then, but I think LC should be enough.

Dallas boy likes this.
  3. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

157 @ +1. He hasn't been that high in awhile:(

4. Bandit's Mom

Could be just a food bump. Let's stick to LC. Will see how today goes and then take a call on the dose.

Dallas boy likes this.
  5. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

Sounds good. I'm wondering if vomiting can increase their BG. He seems very tired this morning too, but he's been awake since 3am trying to get me up to feed him:confused::coffee:

DexterMeowgan likes this.
  6. DexterMeowgan

DexterMeowgan Member

Vomiting (any kind of stress induced actually) can raise the BG outside of normal levels. Even if they're just in some sort of pain or even nauseous that you can't see. Same with humans, our blood pressure can rise outside of the normal range quite a bit if we're in pain.

Dallas boy likes this.
  7. DexterMeowgan

DexterMeowgan Member

Quick question. Does your cat get fed into a bowl or a flat surface like a tray?

My cat seems to vomit only when the food isn't spread out so he can just gorge himself and eat the whole portion in a few bites. Might be worth looking into spreading even the wet food out a bit if it's condensed.

8. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

He eats out of plates (so flat surface) but we do fluff his food in a pile. I don’t find he’s a very fast eater, especially with his teeth. He has dental surgery booked in November. The last time he had eaten was 8:30pm and he vomited at around 4:45am. I’m thinking maybe his belly was empty and made him feel nauseous. I will try spreading his food out anyway. Thank you for the tip!:D

9. Bandit's Mom

Yup. This happens with Bandit. Acid build up makes her puke if there is a large gap between meals.

Dallas boy and DexterMeowgan like this.
  10. DexterMeowgan

DexterMeowgan Member

I agree with Bhooma, I didn't realize it had been that long between feedings. I'd say that is the most likely culprit. My cat seems much better adjusted to 4 meals a day than two. We rarely get bugged for food in the mornings anymore because he eats 6 hours beforehand instead of 12 :)

11. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Dallas feels better today, Michelle.

12. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

He eats 6-7 meals throughout the day. Last night his last meal was just a little earlier than usual because I was very tired. Might have to leave the auto feeder out if this happens again.

13. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

Thank you Summer :)

14. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

76 @ +9 and 83 @ PMPS

I want to believe that his number was higher this morning because of the vomiting. I'll never let him go that long without food again.

15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Much more like Dallas numbers. He must be feeling better.

16. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

He is sleeping now and I just got home from work not long ago, but Tyler said he saw a difference in him right away when he got home compared to this morning. A good difference :)

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Very nice pmps. :D

Dallas boy likes this.