? 9/14 Dora PMPS 196 +2 293

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dora the Explorer, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-8-dora-amps-65-61.234911/#post-2629994

help? Do I dose lower? Same? She’s close to 200 and I don’t want to lose momentum as she’s leveling off again. She’s on 1.75 now, should I give full? 1.5? 1?

we are supposed to curve Wednesday. If I let her fall too low the vet will think her dose is not enough. She’s also already 15 minutes later than shot time. And I forgot to stall. I always forget to stall!

thank you!

jane and d

2. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

I think giving her 1.75 units should be okay, but I'm still learning the protocols.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you able to monitor tonight as long as you need to and do you have plenty of supplies and HC food?

4. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

I have gravy lovers and honey, no karo here, it’s at my real house. I can test but worry I’ll fall asleep and forget to test. I can do up to +3/4 before that would happen. Should I do that or would 1.5 be good? She’s 30 minutes late now.

5. carfurby (GA)

There is a chance she could bounce tonight. I think you are okay to shoot the 1.75 units. You'll want to get a +1 and a +2. Can you leave food out for her tonight and she'll eat it?

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  6. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Yes will do. Thank you! I did a 1.5 to be safe and gave her a few pieces of Dr. Elsey’s as a treat for taking her shot which is reserved for when she reads a little lower. She was 201 just now, a few minutes after her FF beef pate. We’ll keep an eye on her for the next few hours.

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

Keep your subject line updated so people can see if you need help.

Dora the Explorer likes this.
  8. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Update: +2 seems reasonable so I think she will be ok. Hope the 1.5 was a good enough dose. She’s usually pretty high at +2 but I feel comfortable with her at this number. Thanks for the encouragement- we will try to check again in a bit but I don’t think she’ll drop too low tonight. She’s also acting normal for the evening. When she’s low she acts very friendly and hungry.