? 9/15 Dora PMPS 156 (AlphaTrack) 146 after 20 min stall +2 227 AM 9/16 300s

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dora the Explorer, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Link to the other day: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-14-dora-pmps-196-2-293.235309/#post-2635032

After having 1.5 instead of 1.75 and a few nuggets of Dr. Elsey’s Dora has done pretty well. We just brought her back from the shore and tested her. She was a bit stressed in the car as usual but she’s getting used to it.

We tested midday and she was in the mid-200s. Now she’s lower. That’s happened with her before - planning her curve for the vet tomorrow and I don’t want to throw it off by skipping or giving too little but what should I do? I know the goal is blue and green but it scares me at preshot time!

I did remember to stall so will test her again in 15 minutes. Looking for the good help I got the other day. Thanks!!

Jane and D

2. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Update now 146. She’s eating. Should I do 1 unit? Will that be enough? Too much? She is dropping 12 hours post shot. Should we test again after she eats? We are supposed to go out for dinner (outdoors!) for our anniversary.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Same question as last night, can you monitor and do you have plenty of supplies and HC food? If yes, you can shoot the 1.5 units and test at +1 and +2 and go from there.

4. carfurby (GA)

We cross posted. If you are going to out to dinner how long after shot time will you be leaving and how long will you be gone?

5. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

we can test at +2. I will do the 1.5 again and test as soon as we get back. We are home now so have everything. But she’s never been hypo so I’m anxious. With the AlphaTrack I am never sure what’s too low.

6. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

We will leave ASAP. We should have left half an hour ago!

7. carfurby (GA)

With the AlphaTrack if she goes below 68 you need to feed HC food and get her numbers back up. Can you leave some extra food out for her?

8. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

there is still food around from their dinner. I’ll leave another bowl. I did give her the clean protein so she gobbled that up. Thanks! Will rush thru dinner!

9. carfurby (GA)

That sounds good. Happy Anniversary.

10. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Thank you! Heading back now.

11. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

She is at 227 at +2!

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  12. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you get a +3 or a +4?

13. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

She’s pretty scratchy tonight. Keeping an eye on her and then of course tomorrow she has the curve. I will try but she may not let us. Usually when she’s low she’s hungry. I had to lace her bedtime snack with freeze dried chicken to get her to to eat it.

14. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

AM Update: we did not get a new reading but her preshot and +2 are in the upper 300s. I wish we’d gotten later ones last night to know if she dropped low and is bouncing. I’m just going to continue the curve but potentially abort it as if I report these numbers to the vet and they’re from a bounce she will have me up the dose. Or maybe at this point we should give the Libre a spin. I just don’t want to put that big thing on my little Dora. She’s a petite cat, at 10 pounds.

If it’s a bounce, when might I expect that to clear? I shot the full 1.75 this morning. Thanks again -

jane and d