9/15: Roxy AMPS 293, +3 245, +7 155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy & Deb, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yay! Unless you see green today, you are good for an increase to 1U tomorrow.

Since you are using syringes without half unit marks, have you thought about getting callipers?

3. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

From what i can see even with calipers I just can't see how you can even see that amount, 0.25 is hard enough but 0.1 is just crazy to be able to reliably measure it. Even the "drop" measure would be more reliable, and maybe that's only the amount she was getting!
    Doesn't look like I will be needing anything for a while the way she's going anyway.

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The callipers helps with measuring a dose accurately and consistently. I don't know if you've noticed, but if you check the syringes - the plunger often does not line up to the zero mark when full pressed. The error could be as much as 0.25-0.5U. And that means your dose could be off by that much.

Don't you use magnifiers? I use the zoom function of my smartphone camera. Provdies great magnification.

5. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Yes I have a magnifying light.

Bandit's Mom likes this.