9/17 Harvey AMPS 333, +1 404, +2 370, +3 365, + 4 339

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BonnieBT, Sep 17, 2021.

1. BonnieBT

BonnieBT Member

Last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-5-285-6-279-7-270-8-284.253002/#post-2854066

We were back at the vet last night for placement of a new Libre CGM sensor. I explained to the vet how I'm following the tight regulation protocol with support here, and she was in favor of it. Given that Harvey's now at 7 units (going to 7.5 tonight), she wants us to see an internist, who can do the testing for acromegaly and insulin antibodies. I've got that set up for a week from Monday.

Bandit's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Great. It makes things so much easier when your vet understands fd and TR.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Your vet can also do the testing for acromegaly and insulin autoantibodies, but many will feel it's out of their wheelhouse. It's just a blood draw and shipping. My vet tried to fire me to an internist at that point too, but I cancelled the internist appointment once the results were back and people here told me where to go next. But getting an internist consult is probably a good idea. Part of my plan also included an internist visit, just one that knew more. Your internist might also have a better idea of the risks of doing a dental, sound like he needs one.