9/17 Moe: amps=141; PMPS=129;+3=100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Sep 17, 2020.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-16-moe-amps-71-1-5-71-6-134-pmps-190.235388/#post-2637126

G
    ood morning. Starting the day at 141. I gave the liquid cabergoline in his food again and he’s eating it without me having to dilute it multiple times. Either I found the perfect “disguise” flavor (FF beef pate) or he’s finally just accepted it.

DH is due home today after lunch sometime. Hooray! I’m taking Friday and Monday off to catch up with him and to decompress a bit. It’s been a stressful couple of weeks.

I hope everyone has a good day

2. Erin and Moe (GA)

@Wendy&Neko to answer your question from yesterday, I started liquid caber on Monday. I’d previously been giving pills, but ran out and I’m waiting (forever!!) for my prescription to be filled. Paula was kind enough to share Ollie’s remaining meds with me. My vet told me the dose to give. I also started a new insulin pen a couple of days ago. Need to note both of those events on my SS.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Moe. I hope he surfs safely today. Glad he ate the food with the cabergoline in it.

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

What dose do give of the liquid? Really have to shake it well. Being liquid it probably kicks in faster than the pills.

5. Erin and Moe (GA)

Moe gets 70 mcg. I do shake well, so I don’t think that’s an issue. I hadn’t thought about the liquid being available in the system sooner than the capsule but that makes sense. Moe really doesn’t like the taste of it. I’m reluctant to try and squirt it into his mouth...that has NEVER gone well for us.

6. Olive & Paula

So your giving 0.7 ml on the syringe then? Ollie was usually sleeping when I gave it. I squirted in 2 pushes in side of cheek. She didn't care for it the first couple of doses but I guess she got use to it. I was done before she was fully awake. Then she knew dinner was coming. Gotta get tricky with them. They can make it in different flavors. The pills were way out of my price range.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hmm, Monday night is when his numbers started going sideways. Yes on putting information like that on the spreadsheet.

8. Olive & Paula

Beautiful blue surfing going on.