9/18 Bama Kitty PMPS 394, +2 422

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Sep 18, 2021.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Bama Kitty clears the bounce today.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Stinks when they bounce high doesn't it? Come on Bama Kitty. Come down and give your Mom a good day. Roll Tide!

4. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Is this a bounce or a boomerang? :(

5. carfurby (GA)

I guess it could be both. Try not to get discouraged. He'll come back down. Bouncing is part of the process. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Sometime between AM +2 and + 4.5, Bama vomited what looks like his entire breakfast. I have not been able to catch a urine sample to check for ketones. Earlier I caught him in his litter box after he urinated and while he was straining unsuccessfully to poop. While I spotted the puke, I noticed some nice-sized poops in his litter box. I know some cats vomit after straining out a poop but to my knowledge Bama never has. He drank a little water when I offered it, sat in my lap, and purred a little. I wanted to wait a bit to offer food. Seems a little trouble attracts a little more. :(

7. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Just now caught urine & ketones negative; gave 4 mg Ondansatron; will test & attempt feeding +6.5;

DexterMeowgan likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

It sounds like it could be from straining to poop. I hope he feels better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Fed 1 oz. l/c + extra water after +6.5 test; seems to be feeling better; "licked the bowl clean" which is a good sign. Will continue to watch him. Will possibly attempt subq fluids later but I usually only do that when I can give him Gabapentin ahead of time to chill him a bit. I don't know about trying to subq without it and I am hesitant to give him the Gab liquid since it is so horrible tasting. Once he threw up about 30 minutes after I gave it when he didn't already have food in him.

Subq 150 mls @ AM +9

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Reason for edit: Add info