9/18 Chloe - AMPS 92 | PMPS 98 - nearly empty pen question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Librarianista, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I have never used a pen, so I might be misunderstanding your question, but I had 1 or 2 syringes that were "really sticky". I knew the problem was the syringe and not the vial, because although the vial of lantus I use can go in a pen, it does not (So I draw directly from the vial and can see how much liquid is in it.

Hope this answer will bump up to other pen user's eyes....

Librarianista likes this.
  3. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Thanks for the bump!

I move the plunger a few times before I draw insulin just to lubricate the syringe a bit. Normally I pull back to where I need it and it stays. This morning, I pulled back to .25 and the plunger kept going down to the 0 line.

The pen also has a plunger in it that works by negative pressure. The plunger moves toward the end of the pen as you draw more insulin so there are no air pockets. Since I am very close to the end of the pen, I wondered if the negative pressure was messing with the syringe.

4. Jia&Sabrina

Jia&Sabrina Member

Just want to say that your foot chart looks amazing! :cat:

Librarianista likes this.
  5. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Glad it’s useful to you!

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yes. You have negative pressure inside that pen pulling your syringe plunger back. I know the pens work on negative pressure, but that is weird!

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

My cats seem to like the chicken and lamb laugh out loud BFF PLAY food.