9/18 Cosmo AMPS 427, PMPS 504, +2 387, +8 385 bounce and dropsie!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Sep 18, 2020.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...2-328-3-274-4-256-5-288-dropsie-again.235474/

Cosmo dropped to yellow last night, before heading up to red at +11. I had set an alarm for +6.5, but both DH and I slept through it :( I don’t think he went lower, but he is keeping us guessing with where his Nadir is. Not sure if I am overthinking it, but it seems to be earlier at night than during the day...any idea why? He eats the same food and amount at PMPS. Only difference is that we maybe put his overnight kibble out earlier and he seems to gobble it up a little sooner? He also doesn’t go as low (blues) now that his pre shot food is MD rather then HC gastro wet... is it possible the higher protein is meeting his insulin later and protecting through +5-+7? I know protein takes longer to digest than carbs... hmmm.

He is doing well this morning :) I’m hoping he is done with this bouncing from yellows, but will know more in a few hrs :p His +11 was 463 and AMPS was 427, so maybe no bounce?

hope everyone has a great day!

2. thebigfuzz

It’s also not uncommon for his PMPS to be less than his +9 or +10. He is a mystery wrapped in a riddle :facepalm:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Wendy mentioned the Lantus double dip phenomenon in one of Jax's condos last week, where some cats dip lower at the end of a cycle but not as low as the lowest point of the cycle. Maybe this can help explain Cosmo's PMPS being lower than +9 or +10. It happens with Butters sometimes, but not all of the time.
    As for nadir, well, some cats' nadir more unpredictably. And also take into consideration other factors, such as whether they are breaking a bounce. I wonder how much food can influence a nadir? Your post makes me think. I will probably be up tonight wondering about higher protein and its impact on BG numbers in relation to when it is fed, vs the impact of higher carbs. Ouch. My brain hurts.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. thebigfuzz

+2 another dropsie for Coz. Glad he is breaking his bounce :p

new vial of Lantus tonight at PM shot as well. Setting an alarm for +4

5. thebigfuzz

If I close my eyes,I’ll bet there is another yellow or blue night for Cosmo :) DH had set a few alarms, but slept right through them :facepalm:

Cosmo is doing great!