? 9/19, Destiny, AMPS 378, +2 211, +3 214, +4 219, +6 252, PMPS 253, +2 369, time for new pen?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Desi Mom, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Desi Mom

Desi Mom Member

Destiny's numbers stayed higher all day and instead of dropping after her evening shot, she went up. Are her numbers telling me it is time for a new insulin pen?

Thanks

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Probably not. Give the increase a chance. It’s just the second cycle.

3. Desi Mom

Desi Mom Member

Thanks @tiffmaxee How do you tell when it is time to switch to a new pen?

Since this was new, the vet would only give me a prescription for a single pen so we could see how Destiny would react to the insulin, so I don't have any more. I should probably call and ask him to give me another prescription so I can get more. If I store the pens in my fridge, it should stay good for months, right?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

My pens lasted until the last drop unlike the vials which lasted 6 months and I wasted so much.
    You saw blue on 9/16 so I think your insulin is good. Why did you give dry that day?
    Also when you skip it effects a few cycles. That’s why I think your insulin is good.

5. Desi Mom

Desi Mom Member

I had to a townhouse association board emergency that came up (I am a board member) that I had to deal with and couldn't make it back in time to give her the shot. Thanks again for your help.

tiffmaxee likes this.