9/20 Phoenix + 7 BG 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Scdal, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Scdal

Scdal Member

@Bandit's Mom
    Phoenix's BG stayed high all yesterday afternoon. He was waiting to pull his low numbers again until 1 or 2 a.m. That's ok, thankfully I am retired. This morning. I went ahead and gave him the fancy feast HC at + 7 when his BG was 84. I realize that number is normal but I didn't want him dropping lower.

I hope I am handling this okay. These early morning wake up calls are helping me get a lot of things done that I usually don't have time for. My house has never been cleaner. It is cool enough outside to open the windows. The peace and quiet this time of night is relaxing. Truthfully, I have enjoyed getting up early the last few days.

I am planning on holding Phoenix's dose at 11 units for at least another few days. Let me know if you think this is okay, Bhooma. Have a nice day and thank you for all the help you give people on this forum.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I am glad you are enjoying the early morning wake up calls! I hope you are getting some naps during the day!

The 11.5U dose is still at play and can affect 4-6 cycles after a reduction. So yes, hold the 11U dose for 6 cycles before you take a call on the dose.
    Unless he drops into the 30s, which means another reduction!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. Scdal

Scdal Member

Thank you, Bhooma, and have a nice evening.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Bouncing from those greens today or what???

5. Scdal

Scdal Member

Yes, Phoenix seems to be bouncing. Actually, he did me a favor by bouncing today. There was a pair of lamps from Neiman Marcus that someone was selling on Craigslist. They are Louis IV style and I had always admired them in their catalog. Unfortunately, their regular price of $600 is way above what I am willing to pay.

The man selling them was a doctor who was moving. He sold the two lamps to me for $150.
    Since I live in a very rural area, I had to drive an hour and a half each way to get there. If Phoenix’s BG had been low, I wouldn't have been able to go get them. Phoenix is more important to me than any material object.

I am going to give him an extra treat today and extra kisses for doing me this favor.
    Usually, when I plan on getting groceries or have to run other errands, Phoenix will go low low low so I won't go go go.

Bandit's Mom likes this.