9/22 Indie PMPS 133, +3 83...and another dose reduction

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jessica & furbaby Indie, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Jessica & furbaby Indie Member

Yesterday she earned a dose reduction to 2 units. But today with the 123 was a little worried and won't be home so gave her just below 2 units. My sister will be here though and has been instructed to feed her HC food from 11am - 12pm. Yesterday thats when she went low and I don't wanna take any chances. Thoughts?

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

If you can test at +2 it will give you and idea of how active Indie's cycle might be. You can also feed her at +2, +3, +4 etc. without the HC but adding a tad gravy to make you feel good is also fine. Take a look at the typical Lantus curve. The +2 is lower than preshot than adding a bit of gravy to the LC food might be a good idea.

Example of an ACTIVE, but NOT necessarily typical Lantus cycle:
    NOTE: Until kitty is pretty well regulated, the description below is NOT not what you'd consider a "typical" Lantus cycle. It takes time and patience for kitty to achieve a "typical" cycle! The example below is what you're working towards (a nice shallow curve). A relatively flat cycle is the ultimate goal.

+0 - PreShot number.
    +1 - Usually higher than PreShot number because of the last shot wearing off. May see a food spike in this number.
    +2 - Often similar to the PreShot number. You'll probably see an active cycle if the +2 is the same/similar or lower than the preshot number. Continue testing!
    +3 - Lower than the PreShot number, onset has started.
    +4 - Lower.
    +5 - Lower.
    +6 - Nadir/Peak (the lowest number of cycle. NOTE: ECID. Not every cat has a mid-cycle nadir. Adjust the hours on this example to fit your cat.)
    +7 - Surf (hang around the nadir number).
    +8 - Slight rise.
    +9 - Slight rise.
    +10 - Rising.
    +11 - Rising (one of the quirks of Lantus/Levemir: some cat's blood glucose numbers dip around +10 or +11... not to be confused with nadir).
    +12 - PreShot number.

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Jessica & furbaby Indie

I already left for work :( Ugh

4. Doodles & Karen

Ok, do what you're comfortable with. I'd probably just feed a little LC every hour or so with maybe a dash of gravy around +4 since you don't have a ton of data. Always better too high then to low !

5. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Did you mean HC? High carb food?

Thank you for posting this though! I was curious what the cycle looked like but wasn't sure of the terminology to search for it. Now I know it's called "cycle." ;)

6. Doodles & Karen

Yes, HC - High Carb food.

That info on a lantus curve is found in this sticky The Basics New To the Group Sticky. The more data you collect you'll see Indie's pattern....then she'll change her mind :rolleyes:

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hope Indie stays safe and enjoys her extra snacks.

8. Jessica & furbaby Indie

She earned yet another dose reduction. I don't know to be excited or scared.

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

10. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.