9/23 Bella AMPS 126, +3 95, +5 113, PMPS 107, +3 93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by cecile & bella, Sep 23, 2022.

1. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

yesterday
    I increased to 3.5 this morning. I hope that will work.
    I am going to do a curve today or tomorrow (maybe tomorrow since I forgot today), with the Alpha Trak, to please my vet.
    We see her Monday, it's a good thing, Bella really looks like her legs are bothering her, she gnaws them, they are almost bald now. She also has weird muscles movements when we pet her back, roughly from the waist down, if that makes sense. It's not new but not getting better either. She limps a little when she stands after sitting or laing down for a while, but then she can run and even gallop without the slightest limp. She licked her belly bare again, too. I almost want to try cbd something on her, maybe she's stressed.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase Cecile and the upcoming vet visit.
    Maybe you can try the adequin injections .
    Both Tyler and Perry both licked their bellies bare. (Perry's passed )
    My vet said his one cat did it too, said it could be OCD , what the hell
    Now we have to have cat's that have OCD
    These cats will be the death of us with worrying about them :bighug::bighug::bighug:

cecile & bella likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I am going to tag a few experienced members to see if they can give you some inputs with what this could be
    @Bron and Sheba (GA)
    @tiffmaxee
    @Wendy&Neko
    @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

4. cecile & bella

Thank you, Bhooma @Bandit's Mom :bighug:
    @Diane Tyler's Mom my vet said something like that, too. She did it the first time when the kids were home in 2020, we thought it might be stress, having people around? But the kids are not bothering her. Then we thought maybe allergies. It got better when I started raw food. Then I stopped it when she was diagnosed last year, because our vet did not think it was a good idea to feed her raw. I started again since. Now she has 3/4 raw and 1/4 canned. There is no fish in her food, only fish oil sometimes, but no fish protein.
    I am convinced that her legs are painful because of arthritis, the fact that she gets better after moving, for example. But she keeps biting them and licking all the hair away.
    Maybe she is a little OCD after all :confused:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It also could be due to allergies that she’s kicking so much. Any red marks?

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like hyperesthesia to me

7. cecile & bella

I thought about it too. It certainly looks like it, at least the twitching when we pet her back and the licking. For her belly, it’s probably linked to stress? Or allergies, as Elis3 was saying. She does not bave red marks other than on her legs where her skin is irritated because of licking so much. I hope treating the arthritis will help her.
    I also notices that her back does not move if I pet her while she eats or if she is very relaxed.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The gnawing/bald legs does sound like allergy. Gabby did something similar on her belly. As long as your cat isn't allergic/sensitive to fish, omega-3 added to her diet may help -- it will take a while to be effective though. Nordic Naturals is a reliable brand. Your vet may want to recommend an anti-allergy pill. It's fine. However, some of the meds are very bitter and may cause Bella to "foam." If I was using a pill, I would get a gelcap and put the pill in that to prevent my kitty from foaming which after one or two pills, makes they want to run in the other direction.

9. cecile & bella

Thank you! She is allergic to fish, but we can probably find another omega-3, maybe from flax seeds?