9/23 Jack 319@AMPS, 280 @+4hrs- increasing to 7u tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Based on Jack's poor diet choices, his continued rise in numbers and ketones, and the fact that I'll be home all weekend to test often, I'm going to increase to 7units tomorrow (which is a 6 day hold instead of 7). I'm hoping to look at some freeze dried options this weekend and order something for next week. Maybe we'll catch a miracle and he will love it and want to eat it all in a room by himself.

I'm open to suggestions on food, and insulin increase if anyone has any...thanks. Have a good weekend, all.

Yesterday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-22-jack-304-amps-228-4-hrs.268717/

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

I can't help with insulin, but I was thinking about Picky Pants' eating habits. Am I recalling correctly that he's refusing pate but will eat the wet in gravy, at least some of the time?
    I ask because when Cleo was first diagnosed and before I came to FDMB, she refused pates but would eat the grilled or shredded wet. So to coax her to eat more pates, I would warm up a bit of bone broth (in a variety of protein flavors), smush the pate with the spoon and mix the pate with the warm bone broth making it almost like a stew. Now I can just mix pate with water and she eats it right up (as long as its a flavor she likes, not too soupy, not too dry and in the mood to eat ...cats :banghead:)
    Also she loves the consistency of Ziwipeak Wet. Its more like chopped meat than pate. Its expensive :rolleyes:, so I mix the Ziwi and Weruva.

Cleo refused freeze dried, even as treats. So I substituted freeze dried with Ziwi Air Dried. Its raw and looks like kibble and depending on the flavor, pretty low in carbs on a dry matter basis. I don't really give it her so often anymore because its technically a "complete" food and would prefer it over her regular wet meals.

Good Luck and keep us posted. :bighug:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  3. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Yes, that's what he was doing...eating the wet in gravy but not pate...but....then he started eating pate, so we had some nice blue and green numbers. THEN, he decided he was going back to wet in gravy and now we are back to kibble. THIS CAT!!! I will look into bone broth and the prices of Ziwi and Weruva. He lives with other cats and refuses to eat on his own. I had used the jealousy trick to get him to eat the pate his brothers and sisters were eating but now he doesn't seem to care. UGH...I'm so frustrated. Anyway, thank you so much for your input on the food. I will definite;y look into what you did with Cleo.

4. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

If there's anything I could do to help you in your research, please reach out and let me know :bighug:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  5. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Thanks....it's mostly availability and unfortunately, cost. Where do you get your Ziwi and Weruva from?