9/27 Luci AMPS 233 Day 25

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone!

I guess yesterday was Ground Hog day for me...I was rushing in the morning - running late - to get out the door for my usual Saturday morning outing - and wrote the same Day as the previous Day - even in the afternoon when I finally got back to posting...oh this is starting to confuse even me!!

I have a lot on my mind lately - with my work project. The deadline was October 1 - and well, that just isn't going to happen. I hate it when work projects are delayed but there are lots of reasons - mostly having to do with the launch of the new server on 8/22 and all the fallout that followed...and we're still not completely out o of the woods on that...but I had to move on!!

Anyway, Luci is taking her sweet time learning how to work with Tresiba...many thanks to @Sam & Esse and @Meridith and Zeke for your help and support as we fumble along learning our way with Tresiba...

Have a great day everyone! I hope your kitties surf safely!

Meridith and Zeke and Sam & Esse like this.
  2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I wondered where your post was yesterday! Checked a few times but somehow never realized that you had two posts with the same Friday date. :facepalm:
    Good luck with this project. It sounds very complicated and time consuming. I hate delays too, so I feel your pain.
    Keep at it with the Tresiba! You and Luci are doing so great. It is still early days and only time will tell what happens.
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Wow, this forum does look a bit lonely, eh?

Hopefully work settles down for you soon.

Looks like Luci is doing well. Enjoy your Sunday :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Good morning Sue!
    Wishing you a good restful Sunday.
    I truly feel your stress over your IT world. I just couldn't take it! You are one tough woman!

Once I saw the use of Toujeo mentioned and it scared the blank out of me!
    That is for high dose people - 3 times more concentrated than Lantus or Levimir. Maybe it was a joke?

Last night I was reading comments from people taking Tresiba and most were negative, describing the lack of predictability, like what you are seeing with Luci. More highs and more lows too.

I also saw one of the biggest problems was finding the right dose, in people who were determined to stick to it. After the right dose was found, some folks were quite happy.

Dear Luci - have a great day and try to get your pretty little tail evened out! Your mom is working her own tail off for you!!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

6. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Good afternoon Sue!

Doesn't look like Luci is in any hurry to head down, today. Which is okay... as long as she also decides she isn't in any hurry to head back up :p I want t' say she's just being ornery, but how could she be with such a sweet face? :joyful:

Just finished up painting; I'm not pro by any means, just a bit of an oddster painting kindness rocks. Let me know if anything on Luci needs changed or fixed :D Once I resin, there's nothing I can correct. Well, it's possible, but a pain. I'm not entirely sure I got Luci's eye color right, or her markings :confused: Had my lighted magnifiers over my regular magnifiers, and was all, huh, I see an eyeball... And... this was the best I could do on the dahlia. Lol, I have no idea how to go about painting flowers!

FYI, I've been calling this rock Luci in the Sky with Dahlias LOL!

Luci-2.jpg Luci-3.jpg

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! That's so ADORABLE!!! You have a great deal more talent than me!!! I couldn't paint a rock at all...well, if I did it would look like a 1st grader's art project no doubt...no, I'm not an artist at all! But you've got a talent there and have captured Luci perfectly!! We used to call her Luci in the Sky with Diamonds...because when we first got her she had that wild look in her eyes and would run up the drapery, the backs of our upholstered dining room chairs, she'd be on top of the armoires and where ever she could reach! She was the wildest thing we'd ever encountered...and would look at us like she was just high as a kite!!! Luci in the Sky alright!!! Amazing that you'd say that after all these years.

I'm going to give her a generous berth to figure this out...probably about the lifespan of the pen we have - about three months I think...I don't wring my hands over it...I was however hoping for a little better action than this and if all else fails, we'll head back to Levimer. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Several cats have done very well on Tresiba...perhaps Luci isn't going to be joining that club?

I'm hopeful that's the case with Miss Luci...once we hit the right dose??? Well, like I said, we'll give it three months...let's see what happens?

Sam & Esse likes this.