9/29: Nova-bouncing like back in the day...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Sep 29, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

last post

Welp! Not one to post when I'm feelin' frustrated anymore, and really don't have much to say. I'm a lurker & watcher, so I thought I'd post for those whose kitties seem to bounce like a super ball (or close).

She seems to be bouncing big these days, and I have no idea why...thought maybe I'd given her shot wrong or did a fur shot, but no. Then she backs down to the greens, mid-low blues after a pink. Doesn't matter if her food is 2% or 5-6% either.

Nova has been working her way down the ladder these past few weeks, but hasn't really maintained any semblance of flat numbers for any period of time. I increased her dose only to find her in the 40s, and reduced again back.

Maybe in the next few cycles, the story will be told if she needs an increase, or if I should just hold the dose.

I know that if she is happy & doing well in her every day thang, she is good. She is happy, playing (for the most part) & a lovey purry kitty. :cat:

When she goes high, she just sleeps it off, when she goes lower than 50 she is famished, and, for some reason I cannot get much blood on a pokie. o_O

She is coming up on her year at the end of October. :eek:

I know there is not much I can do about it....so, any wise words are appreciated. Probably this is just another sign that she is in this for the loooong run, and I can accept that.

:)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  2. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

No wise words, just hugs... those bounces are a pain! :bighug:

LindyNova likes this.
  3. LindyNova

Thank you. I have been watching Oberon, and have been praying for anything that will help, especially with his ketones, and test results. :bighug:

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I know it's frustrating, but sometimes they just bounce. The important thing is Nova is feeling good. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LindyNova likes this.
  5. LindyNova

So true. I mostly just wanted to let others know that bouncing does and can happen even when their kitties seem to be happy and are mostly regulated. Nova's bounces got to be fewer and less high, but.... here we are again. I don't get as frustrated as before, but it doesn't completely go away. :)

6. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

As a fellow bouncer, I understand what you are going through. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LindyNova likes this.
  7. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Molly is going on two years with this terrible disease. She was doing really well this spring and summer. Now her numbers are going up. I can't figure out why. All I know is she's acting the same Molly. She was a terrible bouncer too. I still pray one day she'll go in remission she deserves it just like all kitties do!

LindyNova likes this.
  8. LindyNova

If you can handle two years, I can too. Bless you and all long term caregivers of sweet kitties! Molly is such a pretty girl! All kitties DO deserve to go into remission. I guess some just take their sweet time about it. I guess I'll just have to get used to this up and down the ladder thing she pulls. For now, I'm just hoping for some flat numbers for a while!

Oh!...looking at your spreadsheet, I see Clearlax in use---does that help with loosening up the stools like the miralax? Nova doesn't strain or anything, but her little nuggets look a bit too compact for my satisfaction. (especially since she used to stink up a room, and doesn't now--but my Grandkitty sure does! :joyful:)

9. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Linda
    Molly is on Clearlax it has the same ingredients as miralax. She gets constipated more often. I think it’s from the freeze dried treats I put on her food. I dilute it but maybe not enough.

LindyNova likes this.