9/4 Luci AMPS 299 - 2nd Day of Tresiba

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo - like you don't have to look hard for it here!!:woot::facepalm::p

Well our first day was uneventful...Luci only hit the beach for a while and never quite made it to the lagoon...and of course clinging to her yellow bookends. We're still waiting for the magic of Tresiba to kick in.

For now I'm following the TR dosing method, so we're gonna wait two more cycles before increasing...I'm just hoping to avoid any kind of 'blast off' from this new looooong lasting insulin.

A dear friend sent me this cute YouTube video yesterday - take a look. Helps to understand a bit more how Tresiba works.

Ok ... let's go get 'em - Day 2!

Sam & Esse, Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Let’s go gettm Luci
    Have a great day Sue and TGIF

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Come on, Luci! Work the Tresiba. Nice thing about TR is not having to wait very long for an increase.
    Have a great day, Sue!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Is it a depot insulin?

5. Sue and Luci

Since I'm brand new at this, I looked it up...here's what it says:

After injection, phenol diffuses and Tresiba® dihexamers assemble and form multihexamer chains, resulting in a subcutaneous insulin depot1.

Once Tresiba is injected, the insulin dihexamers form multihexamers. The rate of insulin absorption depends on the size of the insulin molecules, so these large insulin hexamers stay in place, creating an insulin depot (storage). With time the zinc diffuses, which releases insulin monomers from each end of the chain. These monomers are the correct size for absorption into the bloodstream.

Because of the slow and steady way Tresiba breaks up and diffuses under the skin, it lasts for at least 42 hours. This means Tresiba can be dosed once a day, at any time of the day.

I continue to read and research as much as I can...

6. Olive & Paula

So then I wonder if it takes time to build up like lantus and lev and how long does that take.......

Guess you will see if numbers go high for awhile.

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Sue! My Peanut was such a special kitty; I miss him so so much !!!

Will follow Luci !! Hope for very good results!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

So sorry Lyane.

9. Sue and Luci

Just breaks my heart to hear about him passing :( I'm so very sorry...it's always just horrible enough when we lose them, much less to an accident :(

Thinking of you Lyane! :bighug:

10. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

:cat: Happy day 2!

I'm honestly surprised Luci dabbled her toes into green today. It took the other cats a few weeks to start showing a marked response to Tresiba; that Luci is responding so quickly seems like a really positive sign. I'm hopeful you'll see improvement by the end of September. Maybe Luci will leave the lemon tree and decide to rest in the blueberry bushes instead :bighug:

Tomlin and Sue and Luci like this.
  11. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Ohhh those hexamers :rolleyes: (hehe. Science)

12. Sue and Luci

@thebigfuzz - can't you just see those chains releasing those monomers too??? I mean, really? :p WOW!

Right, like I understand a single word of that...but wouldn't you just love to hear someone rambling on about those hexamers and the multihexamers and now the little monomers coming off the chain...well, I'll tell you, it's just a miracle...:rolleyes:

Luv it when you speak french :facepalm:

Tomlin and thebigfuzz like this.