9/7 Lando AMPS: 474, +4 367 PMPS: 481

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lando demando, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

Staying high

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened last night. He’s probably getting a lower nadir at night and why he was high in the morning.

Lando demando likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

4. Lando demando

Thanks Bhooma,
    Frankly, i was thinking the same thing about KD. The transition to lo carb wet is going very badly. I have tried different brands, sprinkled pure bites, smaller portions, heating, broth, baby food, he wont budge! The most i can get on a good day is 2 tbsp of fancy feast pate a day

5. Lando demando

This could be!? He is at his best mood and best activity in the very early am. Plus im not hovering over him?

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I doubt the hovering is why. Cats’ bg often goes lower at night. Wow to preferring KD to fancy feast. Is it because he’s a dry food junkie?

7. Bandit's Mom

Yeah, some cats are really hard to transition to wet food and it can take months.

You could try switching him to a low carb kibble like Young Again Zero Mature or Dr. Elsey's (Chicken) which are low in phosphorus as well (from a CKD angle) while you keep trying to transition to wet food. With his urinary issues (UTIs/crystals etc), he would do better with wet than dry.

Have you seen this website?
    https://catinfo.org/feline-urinary-tract-diseases/

8. Lando demando

For sure a dry food junky. But even tho he is obese, he seems reluctant to eat

9. Lando demando

I have tried young again, but will give dr e’s a try. Thanks!

10. Lando demando

and yes ive seen the website. I think that is why ive lost 5 lbs and lots of sleep in a mont already. Im trying my best and spending quite a bit of money, with no results

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

:bighug:

I am sure you are doing your best! Speaking of spending a lot of money, is there a reason you are using the AT meter and not a human one? Walmart's ReliOn is $9 for the meter and $18 for 100 strips.

12. Lando demando

That price is amazing! As soon as i am low on my strips i will switch over. Thanks for the great tip!
    There was no reason i bought that meter other than beginners ignorance

smorgasbord and Bandit's Mom like this.
  13. Lando demando

Tonight will have completed 3 cycles on 2.25. He hasnt gotten out of the magentas yet ( but trying to do a full curve today). Thinking of upping his dose tomorrow am. I will not give up trying to transition to wet food, but his high numbers are so concerning