9/7 Maxi AMPS 87/+2:103/+4:121/+6:102/+8:86/+10:70/PMPS 74/+1:116/+2:96/+5:56/+6:55/+7:51/+8:85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bambinaki, Sep 7, 2020.

1. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

Last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...1-10-100-11-121-pmps-119.234675/#post-2627845

I left Maxi in the care of a sitter (in our home) yesterday, last night, and early this morning.

Yesterday morning Maxi's glucose was 323, and last night it dipped to 53 and stuck around there even though he ate.

Today Maxi has no appetite, hasn't eaten much at all. I can tell he doesn't feel well.

I gave him 12 mg of Cerenia and 0.15 ml of Buprenorphine.

@Wendy&Neko that is a pretty low dose of Buprenorphine compared to Neko's .22mg twice per day. Do you think it makes a dent in any pain he might be feeling?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Maxi. He may be wiped out from the extreme change in his numbers. I hope he feels better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

bambinaki likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would stick with whatever bupe dose your vet recommended. Bupe is dose in a range, based on weight of cat, and based on why they are getting bupe. Neko was getting it for severe arthritic pain. How much does Maxi weigh?

You might want to consider dropping Maxi back to 11.0 units. No need to keep him at a dose with nadirs in the 50's. Did he get any extra food or different food last night while he was lower? Just wondering if he ate too much or something he wasn't used to.

4. bambinaki

That's leftover Bupe from pancreatitis. The dose on the label is 0.1 - 0.2 ml every 12 to 24 hours. Maxi weighs 14 pounds.

He got some high carb gravy food. He didn't eat too much; he has low appetite.

Do you think it's a good idea to go back to 11 units tonight?

Thank you!

5. Wendy&Neko

Yes, I would go back to 11 units and see how he does. It's possible he didn't eat as much for the sitter, but time will tell. How is his hydration?

Neko had some Maine Coon in her, she was closer to 15 lbs, but not quite - that was our agreement. :p

bambinaki likes this.
  6. bambinaki

He always gets water mixed into his food. The sitter noticed that Maxi was more interested in lapping up the water. He lapped up the watery food for me today, too. But I'm not saying that I know he's not dehydrated. I don' think so based on the fact that he always consumed enough water for months leading up to yesterday.

;-)

The vet thinks if Maxi loses a little weight, it will reduce his stridor.

7. Wendy&Neko

Pick up his scruff, and see how quickly it drops back. It should do so right away. Or you can rub a finger along his gums and see if they are sticky or smooth. You can always double check with another cat.

Stridor has nothing to do with weight. It's caused by soft tissue growth from the pituitary tumour.

8. bambinaki

I did both, and as far as I can tell, he's hydrated.

9. Wendy&Neko

That part is good news then. I hope he feels better soon.

bambinaki likes this.