9/7 Tigger 293 AMPS 298 +4 288 +7 311 PMPS 305 +3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Breanna H, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Previous thread

Hello all!
    So since Tigger's blues the other night, I haven't seen another one. Thankfully though, after seeing them, he barely bounced and we only had a high yellow rather than a pink!

Just to make sure I understand this, since I saw a blue, am I to continue holding at 8u for 8 to 10 cycles? Or because I haven't seen anymore blues, should I increase? Since Tigger has been a high dose cat, I'm not sure if this rule applies to us:

Increasing the dose: (TR)
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
      • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.

Hope everyone (in the US) enjoys the holiday today!

And thank you, as always, for the advice!

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm thinking your cat isn't new to the numbers...if it were me, I'd go ahead with an increase after 6 cycles on this dose without seeing a green...

Perhaps others will have other opinions/advice...but I'd move along...

Breanna H likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You hold doses with nadirs under 200 for 6-10 cycles. Since the blues were fleeting and fairly high blues, you could have increased sooner. You can increase tonight. Plus, you are still making up ground from the reduced dose when you switch to Lev from Lantus. In case you are curious about why we do the reduced dose on switch, Maxi switched 7 days ago to Levemir at a reduced dose. Take a look at his spreadsheet.

Breanna H likes this.
  4. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

I increased tonight to 8.5. I just was a little confused on how quickly I should hold a dose since I saw the blues. But like you said, they were higher and I haven't seen any since. Hopefully, I will get somewhere eventually.

Thank you for your advice and the spreadsheet example!

Sue and Luci likes this.