? 9/8/20 - Baker, AMPS 101, PMPS 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kate MacCorkle, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Kate MacCorkle

Kate MacCorkle Member

Hi,

I have held off asking for advice because I don't really have much data (we are in our second week since diagnosis).

Baker has a curve scheduled at the Vet on Thursday. His numbers have dropped from 500 to 100 in about a week.

The instructions in the SLGS Sticky state:

"If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately."

AND

"Below 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), don't give insulin."

I don't really expect anyone to chime in at this late hour, but I'm thinking of giving a reduced dose (reduced from his usual 1 unit to .75 unit) at 10:30 pm tonight (the 12 hour point).

I don't want to mess up the curve on Thursday, but I don't think I should administer the full 1 unit tonight.

If you happen to read this and have any thoughts, feel free to respond.

Thanks,

Kate

2. Kate MacCorkle

Kate MacCorkle Member

OK, at 10:30 he was up to 96 so I gave him his dose. I have all the supply stuff and will wake to check on him. I think he'll be fine.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He's been below 90 several times already on 1.0 units. You should go to 0.75 units tomorrow as his new dose. It's not safe to keep him at 1.0 unit.

The no shoot below 150 is until you have data to shoot lower. You would be in that category for a little while yet.

Kate MacCorkle likes this.
  4. Kate MacCorkle

Kate MacCorkle Member

Thank you, Wendy! Will do.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Angie and welcome! Could you please add the date to your title?

I almost passed it by because I thought it was from yesterday...

Just click on the little 'Edit Title' link on the right hand side underneath your title and it'll open it up so you can add the date.

Thank you!

Kate MacCorkle likes this.