9/8: Nova-+8 53; +10 70; amps 50, +1.5 152; +5 118; pmps 52; +2 154

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Sep 8, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

yesterday

Good morning! Nova threatened to swing with sharks, but didn't quite make it. Not sure if a 50 is a reducie so I'm sticking with her dose until she tells me different. :D

OT: it is cold this morning! a whopping 37 compared to our high of 92 yesterday. Hoping all the rain and snow, if it does snow) will help our fires and clear the air. We could actually look at the sun yesterday as it made it way down..brilliant orange ball. Wow! I got everything I want to save covered in my garden, pulled all my herbs and hung them to dry...peppers are picked as well....I hope my Romas & pumpkins make it. I wish I have today off too. :rolleyes:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Nova keeps surfing safely for you. Crazy weather.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Reductions are below 50. Good job shooting this morning!

Can you send a little rain and snow to eastern Washington? The smoke has made it's way from there up to Canada where I live. Can't imagine what it's like down there. :( We had an orange sunrise.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. LindyNova

I wish I could...we've had smoke from CA and here the last week or so...makes me think I have covid i have been coughing so much from being outside. We have about 2 inches of snow right now, and I have to shake off the trees before hitting the sheets tonight. Crazy!

I have a question for you....I was reading about the phases in a link you sent to lyla and butters (hoping Nova is in Phase 3, I guess), and i noticed in one of them, there was a reference to shooting at 50 (or maybe below when nadir is close to pmps) where it said you could possibly give a partial shot, wait for BG to rise and give the rest when high enough to shoot. I've never seen that referenced, just the BCS...possibly in the case of not being able to stall? I thought is was a good option as opposed to skipping a shot (which I hate to do) or doing just the BCS and getting higher #s as a result for a few cycles....your thoughts?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I know the delayed partial shot is listed as an option on the German Diabetes-Katzen board, but it's not something listed here. For that reason, I haven't seen anyone use it. You also have to worry about two onsets and two nadirs if you do it. I shot 51 a few times - Neko never gave me the chance to shoot 50. :p But I knew food would bring her up and her onset was hours later, so it was easy to do. I never shot below 50, for safety. The times she was below 50 (always AMPS), I waited until she came up before shooting. Usually a 10-15 minutes wait was enough. Looking at how much Nova came up this morning, looks like she gets a good food bump too.

6. LindyNova

Won't say "always" on the food bumps, for obvious spy kitty reasons, but that is usually the case--and why I'm not afraid to shoot 50. Nova is not bouncing as much, (I will probably eat my words right there) and at some point the food may not bump her as usual at am & pm ps. I guess the BCS is the way to go for me when in doubt. I still feel very unsure sometimes. :confused: