? 9/8 Tigger 136 PMPS (148 after stalling) Advice needed for PM dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Breanna H, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Previous thread

SEEING BLUE TODAY!
    I double checked with my Alphatrack (numbers on my spreadsheet) just to make sure my meter was functioning correctly, I'm still in disbelief, haha.

Hopefully we are getting somewhere! I am also cutting out one of Tigger's snacks from his AM and PM schedule. I weighed him again and he seems to be gaining some weight so I think it's time to cut back on some food. Maybe that is helping, even though it's all low carb. Tigger doesn't like it though, at all.

Going to hold the 8.5u for 6 cycles, unless we get down into greens. Will keep updating you!

Thank you!

EDIT: 124 at +9.5. Lowest Tigger has seen in a long time. Interested to see what he will be at PMPS.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Might need some advice on what to do with Tigger if he stays low for PMPS. Since he hasn't been on Levemir long, and it seems to be dropping him lower than the other insulins have, not sure what a safe number for him would be to shoot yet.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you need help tonight change your title.

Breanna H likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome blues! I would hold this dose at least 8 cycles cause of the low blues.

As for PMPS, Levemir nadirs later, which means you are more likely to see lower preshots. But he also onsets later so you have more time for his numbers to come up after shot time.

How much weight has Tigger gained? If he has acromegaly, weight gain is not unusual due to the excess growth hormone. That extra weight may not be fat, but rather muscle, bone and soft tissue.

Breanna H likes this.
  5. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

@Wendy&Neko
    136 at PMPS. Would you recommend stalling for about a half hour? Or how would you approach? Shoot 8.5u and monitor?

6. tiffmaxee

It’s not heading g down at least. When I look at your ss it’s out the same percentage from your last test to Perhaps stall within food for 20. Yiu can monitor closely and have supplies, high carb food, strips, etc?

Breanna H likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

8. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Yes, I have all my supplies and I can set alarms to wake up if needed. As long as its not lower than 136 after stalling, do you recommend giving the full 8.5u or doing a reduced dose? Like I said, with Lantus or Prozinc he would always bounce if I gave the full dose being this low. Levemir worries me since I haven't encountered this yet.

9. tiffmaxee

I used Lantus as well. I just tagged a few others. I’m not real confident to advise and those I’ve asked aren’t either. It’s common to have a late nadir with lev.

Breanna H likes this.
  10. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

148 after stalling for about 20 minutes. So it does seem like he's on his way up. I feel more comfortable doing a reduced dose I think since I'm not sure how he will respond, I'm just not sure what dose?

11. tiffmaxee

It does seem like he’s going up and past nadir but I understand not knowing lev. I dint even know what a good reduced dose might be. I have an idea. Maybe post on the Acro board. Refer them to your condo here.

Doesn’t look like anyone there. Wendy did mention onsets later.

12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Levemir's nadir is often at the PS time, so you're going to need to learn to shoot lower numbers than you're used to with Lantus or ProZinc.

The next shot isn't usually going to start to "kick in" for 3-4 hours, so you're shooting the number he'll be at in 3-4 hours, not the current number.

I'd shoot the 8.5 since you have all your supplies and can test as much as necessary tonight.

Sue and Luci and Breanna H like this.
  13. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

That makes sense and you haven't steered me wrong yet. I just get so nervous seeing lower numbers since it's just not what I'm used to. I will do the 8.5 and see where it gets us. If he is still low in the morning but does well over night, and I have work, then would you recommend a reduced dose then or the 8.5? Just out of curiosity since it will be early.

THANK YOU ALL!!
    Now I will go panic and want to vomit all night, haha. (Just kidding, I think;))
    I don't know how I would get through this without you guys.

14. tiffmaxee

Thanks a lot Chris.

Breanna H likes this.
  15. Chris & China (GA)

You're welcome an Elise.....LOL

16. Chris & China (GA)

Let's see how this cycle goes before we try to predict what's going to happen tomorrow. ;)

Breanna H likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Sorry I wasn't around - I would have said shoot full dose on time.

When you shoot your lowest yet, always a good idea to get a +1 and a +2 to give you a hint what the cycle might look like (and give you data for next time).

Breanna H likes this.
  18. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

198 @ +1. Glad I went with the full dose.
    Sometimes I just need the push off the ledge and someone to reassure me.
    Will get a +2 as well and if that's looking good I'll wait a little while longer, maybe a +6 so I can sneak some sleep in!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  19. Wendy&Neko

Getting data will help you. My girl's Lev onset was 5 hours, so it helped me to know how much of a numbers bump she'd get from food and still had several hours for her numbers to climb. You testing plan looks good!

Breanna H likes this.
  20. Chris & China (GA)

[​IMG]

Breanna H likes this.
  21. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

This made me laugh out loud :D

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  22. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Thank you! I really am trying to do my best while still having a life and a job. So hearing that makes me feel like I'm doing a good job!

23. Chris & China (GA)

Good! When dealing with a serious disease like FD, it's important to get a giggle in every now and then.

I love the expression on that penguin (the one that poked the other off the cliff)....he looks like "hey, where did he go?"....like he had no idea why he fell off the cliff in the first place...LOL

Breanna H likes this.