Accuracy of ReliOn meters

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Howiesmom, Oct 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Has anyone had significant accuracy problems with their ReliOn meters (or maybe the strips)? I have the Premiere Voice model test I got in August. I tested Howie last night PMPS at 188 so stalled 30 min and he jumped to 257. Tonight his PMPS was 181 but i quick did another test strip 3 seconds later (same spot in his ear) and it was 205. Last week he tested 519 so I quick did another test and it was 359. How can I trust any of these numbers?? Any suggestions? I don’t have control solution but should I get some or is it a waste? I’ve read reviews and they’re all over the place regarding accuracy.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

It could be more the strips. None of us know what they have gone through before they are purchased. Heat can affect then , cold can affect then , heck they way you handle them can affect them. Make sure your hands are clean. I remember once I gave a treat and then tried to put the strip in the meter trying not to touch the strip with those fingers I just held the treat in. I got an error then a wild reading. Washed my hands and got a different number all together.
    Maybe try a new batch of strips. Howies numbers are looking pretty good. congrats for that!

Howiesmom likes this.
  3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

I just happened to open a new box later last night. Fingers crossed that’s the problem!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.