? AMPS 84, lowered dose - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Viktoria, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Ninja went from all pinks, yellows with sometimes a red and even a black here and there to the beautiful world of green and blue :) Now I’m trying to figure out what the dosage should be. I skipped this morning’s dose since I’ll be gone all day and he tends to drop 10-20 points after injection. But what do I do going forward? Do less than .25? See how he does without insulin?

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I don't know what to tell you other than Ninja looks really good.

Viktoria likes this.
  3. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Thank you! Honestly, I can’t believe the improvement I’m seeing, especially after all the bouncing he did at first!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The depot from the 1.0 unit dose could still be impacting things. I might try just a tiny bit of insulin, which we call 0.1 units. If you look at the Sticky Note on fine doses, you will see a picture of it there. Good luck, you are so close. Generally kitties should be solid green/low blue on the AT for a little longer than Ninja has been before withdrawing insulin. We want a strong remission, which means giving insulin as long as safely possible. Of course, he could have other plans.:cat:

Viktoria likes this.
  5. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

How long do you think I should aim for before attempting to take him off insulin?

I’ll try .10 this evening and see how he does :) thank you!

6. Wendy&Neko

Viktoria likes this.
  7. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Thank you! Do you happen to know roughly, what those numbers are on a pet meter?

8. Wendy&Neko

That's a million dollar questions. For people following TR, we use 68 as the low number, as opposed to 50 on the human meter. We've had many people do comparison tests here, with no consensus on answers. They are closer in lower numbers, further apart in high numbers. One of the reasons we usually suggest a human meter instead of pet. Maybe ask your vet what he/she considers to be the normal range on the AT?

Viktoria likes this.
  9. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

I left her a message, but I have a feeling she’ll want me to stop insulin. She doesn’t believe in having a diabetic cat go below 100, and thinks I should aim for 200 or so.