? august 2, 2020 Marmalade mostly 200’s over past weeks with several low 300’s and high 100’s

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tonimarmalade, Aug 2, 2020.

1. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Try to calibrate a new glucometer because my reli ON confirm test strips are almost impossible to find and quite expensive since the glucometer is no longer being made. So I have a New Reli on Premier Classic but the numbers compared to my Confirm are generally so much higher. I have ordered a calibration solution which hasn’t arrived so I am still using my old glucometer and comparing with the new one. I have also added som FF pate into Marmy’s diet and I am holding off on increasing her dose to 2 units until I get a better handle on the Premier’s accuracy. Please advise. Have others been thru a similar situation? Thank you.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you tried the ADW Glucocard01 test strips? Made by the manufacturer who made the Relions. Some people used them in their Relions. Have you tried comparing the two meters in lower numbers? They should be close there, and that's where it counts. I found the same when I was comparing a Bayer Contour and the Relion Confirm.

You have room to increase.

3. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Thank you . I will try the ADW and I will increase to 2 units.