Back with another

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Charlotte and Lucky’s mom, May 30, 2021.

1. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Charlotte is still doing well OTJ. One of her housemates however has now become a diabetic. :(. Ugh! My mom passed on 12/23/20 and I was so distraught that I am not sure when he actually became a diabetic. I did notice a few months later weight loss. He was a heifer who loved his dry more than wet. He is down to 19.4 # which is still bigger than most cats, I know! He actually has a waist now! :)He is on all pâté now and I decided to try PZI with him but if his numbers don’t come down more so soon, I am going to switch over to lantus. So my question is, how do I add on another animal? I have a spreadsheet already made up. Do I have to make another account?? TIA!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I will tag
    @Bandit's Mom for you about the SS for your other kitty
    Thank you Bhooma
    So sorry about your mom, my condolences ♥:bighug::bighug:

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I have seen people with 2 cats on here. They put both in same post. I just changed my avatar and my name under the picture when I added Olive.

4. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Thank you.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

My condolences on your mom’s passing. You can add your other cat and link to the ss to your signature.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

So sorry about your mom, that's a hard loss is this sad year. :bighug:

Good to hear Charlotte is still well and too bad about the new diabetic. Just create a new spreadsheet for him, and add it to your signature. For folks who have had many kitties (specialized foster folks), they just add another tab for another cat to the SS. Probably easier just to create a new SS. Good luck with PZI - it'll be interesting for you to see the comparison.

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Welcome back...I think...

At least you've got lots of experience! I hope you can get the little fellow...well, maybe not so little...on a good course to improvement! Glad to see Charlotte is still OTJ! So sorry about your mom passing...

We'll be looking for your new SS along with Charlotte's :)

8. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Thanks. But at the moment I’m not liking the PZI. :arghh:

9. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Thanks. I hope to be as lucky again getting Lucky OTJ like Charlotte.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

So I tried to add on to Charlotte’s signature but I get the error that my signature is 4 lines too long and I have too many characters. Also, when I copy his SS link and paste it into the url, I get 3 lines of info. I can’t seem to add just his name. Help!

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Chris & China (GA)
    Hi Chris do you think you can help her out she needs to add another kitty to her SS
    Thank you see #1

12. Wendy&Neko

There is a limit on number of characters in a signature for new/changed sigs. One of the reasons I'm not changing mine! You can change some of what you have now, for example to "Charlotte's SS Dx 9/25/19, TR, Lantus, low carb wet FF&CN, Relion meter OTJ 12/17/18, New Cat SS, Dx ..., PZI". When you edit the signature, don't put in returns for new lines, just let it be one long line. If that's still a problem, you could probably remove details on Charlotte's food and meter cause she's OTJ, and just put the details for New Cat.

For the problem with adding his name, are you saying you can't get "New cat SS" to be a hyperlink to his SS? What you want to do is copy the SS link URL, go to your signature, highlight "New Cat SS", then click the chain link icon and past the URL in the pop up that appears.

It'll come back to you. :bighug:

13. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Not sure what you mean by highlighting new cat ss but when I copy Lucky’s SS and insert it into the url, all of doc.goggle.com/spreadsheets ....info comes up in blue in my signature and not just “Lucky’s SS” in blue. And bc of that, it takes up 3 lines in the signature. I think I originally may have not done something I was suppose to when I set up the spreadsheet thinking it would all come back to me. . I don’t know much about google docs- I have printed out the directions from the sticky notes but something must be wrong. So I can hyperlink it but I get three lines that are lit up in blue and none of it has his name in it. Have I confused you yet?! Bc I am! should I take a picture of what happens and post it??

14. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, didn't have his name. So you have to type "Lucky SS", highlight those words (drag the cursor over them), then go to the chain link icon - 7th one from the left on the list of tools above the edit box, click on that, and a pop up window should appear labelled "Link" and you can paste the URL into that, click OK and the the "Lucky SS" text should appear in blue.

If that's not clear, maybe we can take this off line.

15. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

This is what I am getting https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A1OHOVLeo485U2o1zxDtZdhmM-qOj4nw3CARxip9szE/edit

16. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

:banghead::):D Finally got it! See if it works for you please. Thanks!!

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

18. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Yes that does work but I am having trouble getting it into the signature. I might be figuring it out though. Ugh!

19. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Ugh! Finally figured it out. Let me know if you think it’s too confusing. THanks!

20. Diane Tyler's Mom

Looks OK to me

21. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Thanks for all of your help! A little slow with the technical stuff! o_O

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  22. Wendy&Neko

I can read it. :) The only thing I might do different is put their spreadsheets first, then follow with their details. That way we know the text following is about that cat. Or just mention up front there are two cats. Check out this post as an example from another caregiver with two diabetics. That ones is a little different cause she is using the same insulin for both.

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

24. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Ok. I will rearrange it. Thank you!

Wendy&Neko and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  25. Diane Tyler's Mom