Bear 1/27 AMPS 342, +3 219, +5 120, +10.75 239, PMPS 328, +2 395, +6 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meredith Bear’s Mom, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Meredith Bear’s Mom

Meredith Bear’s Mom Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been great at posting the last two weeks. Work has been really crazy. I'm starting to miss the ease of my libre haha. Bear went up .25 to .5 tonight. I'll check on him in two/three hours. I have my hypo kit ready just in case.

Good news - Bear has been acting like he feels a lot better! He has been running around much more and jumping up the stairs more easily. He also pawed at me to be picked up and stood up on his back legs a few times. I'm hoping it's the Solensia kicking in, although the vet said it usually takes 2-3 times. I'm just glad he's feeling better. :cat:

Bear goes to the vet on Monday where we will review his echo results. Fingers crossed. She also wants to do another curve on him. I'll probably get another libre put on for that.

Random question: Does anyone know the carb count for Friskies extra gravy chunky with beef in savory gravy carbs? I bought it when I was stocking up on HC but I don't actually see it on the list.

Previous post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/bear-1-24-amps-511-12-75-328-2-25.273406/#post-3039563

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Found it
    Dry Matter Analysis
    The manufacturer's published guaranteed analysis values normalized for moisture content.

Protein: (min)
    50%
    Fat: (min)
    14%
    Fiber: (max)
    6%
    Carbs: (est)
    14%
    Ash: (est)
    17%
    Calories: (est)
    62/100g

Here's where I found it, go by them dry matter number
    I'm so happy to hear Bear is feeling so much better , who knows maybe the solensia has kicked in sooner. :bighug:

https://catfooddb.com/product/friskies/Extra Gravy Chunky With Beef In Savory Gravy

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  3. Meredith Bear’s Mom

You’re the best! Thank you!!

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Aww just a reminder
    Between 11% and 17% is medium carbs.

18% and over is high carb.

Meredith Bear’s Mom likes this.
  5. Meredith Bear’s Mom

Thank you! I just labeled it.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Did you check Bear yet?

7. Meredith Bear’s Mom

Yes! Added in his +2 and +6 just now.

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Not a bad +6 at all, try and remember to add those BG numbets to your title above is ok :cat:
    @Meredith Bear’s Mom