Bear Bear

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stephanie&Bear, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie&Bear

Stephanie&Bear New Member

Hello!
    Bear was diagnosed this week with diabetes---blood glucose elevated, glycosuria, and fructosamine was 505. I initially brought him in because of noticeable weight loss (over 3 pounds), sneezing snot-rockets, and his vocalizations sounded much different. My brain initially went to cancer (I'm an LVT in Oncology, so I always think cancer). Well, I was so wrong and feel terrible. We consulted with Internal Medicine and started Lantus 1 unit twice daily on Thursday evening (11/7). I'm monitoring his BG at home using an AlphaTrak. His numbers are around 320-360. I’ll do a curve at home later this week. I have 5 cats at home and feed canned Fancy Feast and dry Purina Pro Plan Savor Shredded Blend (chicken and rice) twice daily. Bear isn’t necessarily a dry food addict, he prefers wet, but will nibble on the dry. After finding this amazing forum, I felt much better about being able to continue feeding FF!!! I've reviewed Dr. Pierson's food chart and Feline Diabetes page---Pet Health: Gluten Free Low Carb Wet Food. My husband orders all the Fancy Feast from Amazon Subscribe and Save (and will update deliveries with only the appropriate types).I went through and marked which cases were fine to keep using and which are not. I also ordered Dr. E’s Clean Protein Chicken per recommendations on the Facebook group page. Hopefully, all the cats will give a paws up!
    My question now is where do I find this amazing spreadsheet everyone is referencing, and how do I update my signature file?
    Hugs,
    Stephanie and Bear

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Welcome Stephanie and Bear, it looks like you are off to a good start, there is a lot of information and very kind people willing to give their time to help where they can.

Here are the instructions for setting up your spreadsheet: setting up SS

And info to access and update your profile here: profile

For general health questions, see you over at Main Health

Last, but certainly not least, when you are ready, come on over to our Lantus/Basalgar and Levemir subforum here...LL&B subforum

There are many people there who can help you with dosing advice, questions, and information about Lantus on the LL&B subforum. Again, welcome :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Reason for edit: added info
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like Christie answered a bunch of your questions. You'll want to add the link to your spreadsheet into your signature (put it at the end) once you set it up. You'll also want to include that you're using an AlphaTrack meter and that you're feeding Bear FF and Dr. Elsey's and any other information you think is relevant. The signature space is limited to 3 lines.

If you want to get started in the Lantus/Basaglar/Levemir forum, this is the link. Please drop by and introduce yourself and Bear when you're ready. You may want to look over the sticky notes at the top of the Board. There is an overwhelming amount of information about Lantus, how to get the most out of your experience on the Lantus board, the dosing methods we use, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.