Beeker update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Terra and Peaches, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra and Peaches

Terra and Peaches Member

Beeker went "officially" OTJ Nov. 9th 2009, so almost 3 months. He's doing really well despite being back on LC dry food (NV instinct chicken). About 2 weeks after going OTJ he decided he was done with wet food. He wasn't eating nearly enough calories, so we made the decision to feed him dry again. He is, unfortunately, very happy with his dry. SIGH. His numbers are higher than most cats who are OTJ, sometimes in the 120's but never as high as 130. I still test him nightly so if it's time to go back to insulin I'll know very quickly.

Beeker had a very interesting holiday this year. He was boarded for the first time in over 2 years. He stayed at our vet's boarding facility for 2 nights while I went with DH on a business trip to Las Vegas on Dec. 22nd and 23rd. We picked him up Christmas eve, spent Christmas and New Year at home. The day after New Year we packed up the car and went on a road trip to Texas because of a death in the family. Beeker had a large crate in the car equipped with a litterbox, blanket, and his food and water dishes.

We spent 2 days driving there and 2 days driving back. Beeker loves hotels. New stuff to explore! We bought him some steps so he could get on and off the strange beds easily. They also can fold down so they were easy to carry in the car. He also enjoyed spending 2 nights at his Grandma's house.

When we got home from our trip I tested him that night and after all that stress of being in the car so long he gave me a pretty respectable 113! My good boy is pretty darn resilient!

Beeker will be 16 this April. He means the world to both DH and I. We're so glad that we have more time with him thanks to FDMB, and especially those of you who helped us out so much here in LL!

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thaks for a great Beeker update! I wish my kitties liked to travel.

3. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

What a great update! Beeker had quite an adventure. Chika thinks poking her head out the condo door is a big adventure :lol:

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

That's great that he likes travelling! And I hope that Grandma spoiled him. Good boy Beeker. :D

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

So great to hear an update on Beeker! :lol: Travelin Man, eh? sounds as if he enjoyed himself
    and that he is doing very well.....so happy to hear!

6. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

So happy to see a Beeker update! :smile: Please give him big kisses and lots of smooshes and scritches from me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.