Chnoudi New food-trial High BG

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melita & Chnoudi, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Hello everyone!!! :):):) I hope you and your lovely kitties are all fine! :cat:
    It's been a long time I've not posted here, as Chnoudi's numbers were perfect after OTJ!!

However, as I was planning to leave for 3 days during August, I decided to try a DRY LC food to see how it affects her bg.
    I ordered Feringa Chicken 6% and yesterday I started the trial. I fed her every 3 hrs for 12 hours, but unfortunately her bg levels were up to 120.
    Last night, I got really afraid, stopped dry food and started again her wet lc. In the morning, she was green again, but after 9hrs her bg was 122.... :(

(What's more, I have to mention that the temperature is really high -up tp 35 degrees- but I don't know if this affects cats' bg.)

I think I've totally messed it up and I'm really worried that I've brought her out of remission.
    :confused::confused: Your opinion and advice would be really appreciated...

Thank you so much!!

2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Hi Melita,

I understand I you would be really woriied that she is coming out of remission. So first of all :bighug:

I have no experience, but it seems unlikely a few days of low carb dry food will permanently wreck it all. So perhaps you give a few more days to be sure?

I notice you have not been meassuring as much frequently (understandably), so it is possible she has been going into the 100s before you started the dry food? Maybe is just what she does, and then does the job and get back to green?

Hang in there! Hopefully is just a blip :bighug:

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Just try checking her daily and if ever in blue test 3-4 hours after eating. A short food trial should not end remission so hopefully she just can’t eat dry. :bighug:

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  5. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Thank you so much, my wonderful cat fairies!! :)
    The truth is that her numbers are quite improved and I'm so happy for this!!
    I'll keep checking her daily and maybe I'll try again the dry food someday, just to be 100% sure that it doesn't work for her...

Bandit's Mom likes this.