Cody 3/19 AMPS 116! Happy day

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Nancy and Cody, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

I have never seen Cody at 116, not in 2 1/2 years. :D :D So I retested-- 124 wow!

Of course I couldn't shoot 11u into a cat with 116, so I fed him more than usual, got busy feeding everybody else, got an important long phone call, and waited a bit too long, about an hour and it went up to 249, so I shot 10.5u.

9AM 116 & 124
    10AM 249 shot 10.5u
    12PM 319

He has had some larger swings lately (550-149), which I was confused about, and then 3/17 the vet called about a positive urine culture (enterococcus?), and he started ANTIROBE. Since then the numbers have dropped steadily and today-- 116,
    CAN I SHOUT IT? 116

Maybe there is hope! :D
    CODY PLEASE DONT REBOUND!
    If you want change - wait a day -this always keeps me guessing. Now I'm wondering if this infection clearing is going to mean the need for a dose reduction. sure am glad I can test-
    and I got a ketone check (just happened to see him in the box and grabbed the strips in time) and the ketones are neg as always, but the sugar was only 500- again - a first!

I know this wont last, but a glimmer of hope is a beautiful thing. :D and its 70 and sunny outside :D

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Hurray!

And since the 249 may have been a food spike, don't be alarmed if he ends up rebounding a little

3. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

After a respectable food spike he stayed at ~267 all day- sooo weird. Its like thats his normal happy place ??? I'll take it after the last few weeks!

Then tonight at +3 he started begging so I gave a snack and tested 209. Tonight he'll probably go even lower than last night.
    Why do I get this at night when I need to sleep? I probably should do his SQ fluids in the daytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.