Could someone pls look at my spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Missy & Tammy, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Hi there

Missy's dose got lowered as per FDMB guidelines for SLGS from 1 unit to .75 due to her dropping below 100 4 days ago. For the last 3 days she's been on .75 units of Lantus. I have been noticing her numbers are higher than they were before. Is this normal?

Thank you for your feedback. Her spreadsheet is up to date :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Tammy, she's probably bouncing from those lows 3 nights ago. It can take 6 cycles/3 days for the bounce to clear. Let's see if we get good numbers tomorrow. Even with TR, we usually ask folks to wait for 10 cycles after the first greens before changing the dose.

Are you sure you don't want to follow TR? With TR, you would not have reduced the dose. And you are testing quite a bit - more than enough for TR. Might as well put all that effort to use, no? With SLGS you hold the dose for a week - even if the reduction is a failure.

Let us see how she does tomorrow. :)

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Missy was bouncing after those greens. Bounces can take up to six cycles to resolve. Hopefully you'll see better numbers tomorrow.

A little housekeeping note for this forum: POSTING GUIDELINES PLEASE READ Due to the large number of people posting here, we've got some conventions to help us keep track of how everyone is doing so we can help you better.

Sue and Luci and Missy & Tammy like this.
  4. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Hi there, Thank you for your help again :)
    I am nervous to follow TR, at least right now:nailbiting:. I feel I don't have the experience yet. I know I test a lot. I have a very cooperative kitty. I don't like testing this much though I will be honest. It's tiring and a lot of work but I worry about missing a possible low. So I always like to play it safe. I will see how she is tomorrow.

Bandit's Mom likes this.