disregard

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Djoko earned a reduction....it looks like to me.
    I'm confused. You say above you are using an AT2. But your ss says human meter.
    If you are using a human meter then you did not earn a reduction, but if you are using an AT2 then Djoko dropped below 68 and earned a reduction.

So I'd say please make sure you take the reduction if earned.

THat aside, 139 is safe to shoot as long as you have plenty of strips, HC/MC food and syrup in case he goes low. Djoko had a beautiful cycle today.

3. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Sorry for not being clear. I used to test with AT2. I know for a fact that advisors will refer to the history i.e. if you have given insulin at a similar number and how the cat reacted to it. Before being told that I shot lower than that, I said it before. I have switched to a human meter so no, Djoko has not earned a reduction.

I am wondering how he will do but he one professional bouncer so not too worry here ;).
    Thank you for responding. he was going up (retested him) so I fed him and gave him his normal dose.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I have switched in January 2021. So if you look at his previous SS, you would see that I shot him at 7.5 AT. 7.7 on human meter is higher than that :).

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. Long time no see. It’s safe to shoot.

6. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Hello Elise. I am a bit nervous as he is already going down at +1.5. I added two little drops of maple syrup just in case...

7. Butters & Lyla

I understand what you were saying earlier now, Marj. Sorry if I added to the confusion:).

What is his +1.5? You can always feed some MC to try to slow him down if he is sliding and you're worried.

8. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

5.8 (104)

9. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

5.8 at +2.

10. Butters & Lyla

This early in the cycle I would feed some MC and see if you can get him to hold flat. Just a suggestion.:)

11. Butters & Lyla

Funny we thought he'd bounce but he has made other plans!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  12. tiffmaxee

You need to make your food mc with the honey. I know he’s on the special diet so perhaps add a little more syrup.

13. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Yeah I added maple syrup at +1.5. He is rising now (1.5 hours after I gave him the syrup). Maybe he has starting to bounce. He often goes up and down and up. Weird little animal ;).
    I will test him again and see if he keeps rising without feeding him. Today s cycle was pretty unusual for him - he has not done well in the past weeks. At least, he had one good cycle :).
    Thank you for your help.

14. tiffmaxee

What did you decide about the dental?

15. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

he has his first appointment on January 28 - the assessment. And I will take it from there!
    He has a bad breathe. I hope his CKD is still at stage 2. Last month has been terrible in terms of BG. I am wondering if ,for this reason, CKD has evolved.

16. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I am wondering if I should switch insulin. He seems to take a dive at +13 and then he bounces - even though if I give him syrup...
    I think he likes his new dose.

17. tiffmaxee

You could try levimir. It’s the only other one I would try. It often gives a late nadir, sometimes at pretest.