Do we have any Canadian Cabergoline users?

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Is anyone in Canada using Cabergoline? If so, where/how are you obtaining it and how much does it cost?

Also, @Larry and Kitties you said something a while ago about compounding your own Cabergoline using pills and sweet almond oil? Have you tried this yet?

@Zorrain

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The very first user here of cabergoline, Marvin's mom Nat, was in Montreal. Not likely she'll come on cause it's been a while now. She got it compounded. Maybe you can search some of her threads where she talked about it.

Zorrain likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

It's very expensive in Canada. @Zorrain is having a great deal of difficulty finding it for Ruckus. We've been brainstorming everything to try to see how she can get it, but it's prohibitively expensive when obtained from Canada and they have new regulations (since she was able to get some from Wedgewood in the US) which make it really impossible to import it from the U.S. There's only a provision for obtaining drugs from the U.S. if it's a drug not available in Canada (which Cabergoline is, just very expensive.)

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

My vet did not think it was a good idea to compound my own so they would not give me a script for the cabergoline tablets. They cited safety concerns. Here are the warnings I found:
    Signal
    Warning
    GHS Hazard Statements
    H302 (97.78%): Harmful if swallowed [Warning Acute toxicity, oral]

H315 (86.67%): Causes skin irritation [Warning Skin corrosion/irritation]

H319 (84.44%): Causes serious eye irritation [Warning Serious eye damage/eye irritation]

H335 (84.44%): May cause respiratory irritation [Warning Specific target organ toxicity, single exposure; Respiratory tract irritation]
    https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/cabergoline#datasheet=LCSS

Zorrain likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks, Larry!