? Dora 10/11 PMPS 114

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dora the Explorer, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

I thought we were sailing along in a bounce so I didn’t test from +4 to +11 and was shocked to see 114. Without thinking, I fed Dora. She normally gets her shot at 6:30-7 but now she’s been bumped back to 8 between forgetting her meter Friday and her low numbers yesterday.

If anyone has a moment to check her numbers and advise, I’d be grateful. My current plan is to retest her at 9, two hours after her meal. At what number would I skip/token dose/regular dose? I thought the 114 would be ok but was advised not to-thanks !

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-10-dora-pmps-78-74.236681/

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I would have gone ahead with the 1.5 again since she went up to 244 but since you've already shot 1.25, we'll just have to wait to see what happens.

Doing back to back reductions hardly ever works and she really didn't earn the reduction either.

Totally understand how scary it can be though! First time I shot under 100 I was totally freaked (but I got over it when I started seeing how well China did!)

Remember, as long as you can test and have all the supplies you need, YOU are in control of her BG. You don't need to be scared because you know what to do if she drops too low.

3. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Thanks Chris-

I was all set to do the 1.5 but got scared off by advice on Facebook. I don’t think I’ll need to worry about frequent checks and may regret not doing 1.5; I will go back to that in the morning, just considering this a reduced dose for tonight. But I always have the vet’s voice saying it’s better to be too high then too low. ask me in two days when she’s back in the 300-400s if I still feel that way !

Thanks again for answering - I have a feeling she’s not as low as the meter says, relative to where the AlphaTrack would show her. She’s not acting like her BG is low. She eats, but she’s not ravenous. Just normal. I also don’t have her ketone strips. She’s never had them but I definitely didn’t want to let her go too high. Hopefully she won’t!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.