? Dose? 20/5,Shadow,AMPS 201,+9 154,PMPS 190

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RebekaShadow, May 20, 2022.

1. RebekaShadow

RebekaShadow Member

Hi, (Chris?)
    first time posting here-hope I'm doing it right.
    If you see Shadow's Spreadsheet-he has been on the lowish side. Did a token dose last night after a stall (as cldn't stay awake to keep testing/monitoring) & this morning did just token dose as out working all day today

Should I continue with 0.25U for now?

Thanx

Rebeka

Gus the Furminator likes this.
  2. Dinah S

Dinah S Member

Hi fellow Melburnian,
    Can’t help you with dosage but wanted to say hi merry meet & yes great post for a first…think the only thing some will tell you is the date as Americans do it the other way so they ask you to write month then day lol
    You’ll get great help here all the best

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Will you be home this weekend? I'd really like to see him down a little more but because you keep changing the dose, it makes you end up with some wonky numbers. It's really important to shoot the same dose both AM and PM.

Because Optisulin is a depot insulin, every time you change the dose, it de-stabilizes the depot so it's not releasing a consistent dose.

Once somebody has mastered home testing (you have!) and has their spreadsheet done (you do!) we usually suggest that they shoot the scheduled dose at anything over 8.3. If .5 truly is too much, he'll "earn" a reduction by dropping below 5 (SLGS) or 2.8 (TR).

The way it works is we give the same dose for 3-7 days (depending on dosing method) and make them "earn" reductions. If they drop below that threshold, they earn a reduction of .25....if they drop below it again, they earn a reduction again to 0.1...we hope they keep earning reductions until they're on zero (and still staying in normal numbers of 2.8-6.7)

Bandit's Mom likes this.