Dose guidelines

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lmiller86, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

@FrostD

HI there!
    Looking for your expertise on a dosing guide for Baby. You gave me one awhile back but her dose and appetite has changed a bit since then. I am also wondering what you think is my "don't shoot number" now that she's been on ProZinc awhile. I've also not had a ton of midcycle reads due to being out of town. Her behavior is good. Today is a strange day because she didn't eat from 10 am until 3 pm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6jT-yBSrxKh6AIGEXIJvWuNcduE/edit?usp=drivesdk

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Hoo she is just a bouncy cat!

So with the 74 today, that's technically a 0.25U decrease. Unfortunately I can't pinpoint a "no shoot" or "reduced shot" threshold since she's so bouncy, but also there haven't been any nighttime tests in a little while

What's her eating schedule?

3. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

She gets about 1/3rd can wet (kidney formula aka high carb) amps and PMPS. I leave 1/4 to 1/2 kidney dry formula out for her during day. Yesterday she ate all her dry before noon. Today just picked at it near 3pm. She has been consistently eating well for awhile (she usually eats all dry food thru midcycle) . Today is a rare day. I mean, her bg has typically been in the 300s at this time of the day!
    @FrostD

FrostD likes this.
  4. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

@FrostD
    125 now at 7.5 hours. Put out some wet she ate it

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. At this point she's been on ProZinc long enough, and you've been pretty methodical with dosing, it's just really not doing it for her.

@Wendy&Neko thoughts on a switch to Lantus? Do you think it would help in this case? With the high carb and dry food, BG patterns, etc.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think the problem is the high carb food, not the insulin. Any chance of ditching the dry at least? A few tests in the PM after PMPS might also shed some light.

7. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

Thank you for your thoughts. I hesitate to do that because if I only leave wet, some days she won't eat it. Maybe a mix of less dry food and some wet on the side

8. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Agree, had discussed before.