Dose Help for PM shot(in four hours). TY!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jia&Sabrina, Mar 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jia&Sabrina

Jia&Sabrina Member

It was our first day to give Sabrina insulin (Lantus) injection yesterday and I messed up by forgetting to put her food away before PM shot. Her pre shot number was 197 so I posted here asking for advices. Many thanks to Bron who was being extremely helpful! Really appreciate it!

I reduced the dose from .5u to .25u. Since her number kept dropping at +1, I offered her medium carb wet food at +2. I woke up every 1-2 hours to check her BG. They were all 200s. Phew…..

Today after AM shot, Sabrina’s numbers were below 200 at +2, +3, +4, +5. So I’m guessing it might be possible to get another pre shot number that is below 200 tonight (which would be absolutely amazing for her!).

But I wonder, if it is the case, should I go with .25u or .5u? If I go with .25, would it affect the depot progress?

Another question is that, when the depot is filled and ready in 10-14 cycles, will it make Sabrina’s number go even lower? Asking so I could monitor her closely.

Thank you in advance! Any advices are very much appreciated!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think the grease why you were told to give .25 was because the test was good influenced. Otherwise it would have been fine to shoot 197, so close to 200. Get a PMPS test and if close to 200 I would shoot .50. If not sure post for dosing advice. Blue nadirs this early is great. The lowest point in the cycle is often around +5-6 s it will probably continue up by PMPS.

3. Jia&Sabrina

Jia&Sabrina Member

Thank you! If PMPS is close to 200, I'll give .5u and keep a close eye on her. If it's too low, I will post for dosing advice again :)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

I see you are in Ca. Me too. Yiu shoot late!

5. Jia&Sabrina

Jia&Sabrina Member

haha, Northern California! Hmm.. initially we planned to give shot at 9am and 9pm, but it takes more time for us to get prepared so now it’s 920am and 920pm....

Would it be better to shoot early in the day? If yes, can we move up the schedule 15min a day to reach the ideal time?

Just updated Sabrina’s +10 number which is 153. I think she’s been responding well to insulin ^__^

Hshray likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

She’s responding very well. As to what time you shoot it depends on what works for you. We with Max he often dropped low at night so I had to often test until + 5 or +7.

7. Jia&Sabrina

Jia&Sabrina Member

+11 205, +11.5 219, number is for sure climbing up. Guess that’s what is supposed to happen by the end of the cycle. Insulin wearing off.

Will give .5u in 30 minutes unless preshot number gets really low.

Thank you so much for being there for us! Really appreciate it! <3 <3 <3

tiffmaxee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.