Dosing dilemma

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Mphair84, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

So I had my cat at 1.5, but ended up lowering it to 1.25 after his dental. His PS numbers were in the pinks, and an occasional red or yellow here and there. I was getting some mid day numbers, but it seemed he was staying flat in the day. I wanted to get more mid day numbers today at 1.25, but my boyfriend and I had a miscommunication and this morning he gave him 1.5. Hes at 76 now, and he's jumped up before.

My question is should I keep him at the 1.5 for some cycles or should just adjust his dose back to 1.25. obviously, it depends on his PMPS number, which I have tomorrow off so I do have a little play before Tuesday when I go back to work.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey there! So sorry we didn't get to your thread. If you don't get an answer, you can always bump it up so it will be nearer to the top. Things just sometimes get missed by accident...

Looks like you kept him at 1.5 today which I think was great since you were able to keep an eye on things and see what it was doing for him. It looks like he gets a pretty long cycle on 1.5 but on 1.25 he stays pretty high...this would be a great time to invest in u100 needles if you were interested. You could dose in much smaller fractions and it's possible that something like 1.3 or 1.4 might get him a bit lower while not causing the cycle to get lower and lower all day. I'll be interested to see tonights PMPS....see if he continues going down or if he jumps back up.

3. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

Good to know, thanks.

I actually have some, but I wasn't quite sure how to use them. I was looking at the chart, I was just unsure about them.