Dosing help

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by NancyJH, Jan 22, 2021.

1. NancyJH

NancyJH Member

I posted this on the general page but got no replies. I’m getting close to my next dose and I was hoping to have an answer.

I updated my 2021 spreadsheet and I need help with Lenny’s morning preshot numbers. Throughout the day and evening preshot numbers are good but they are too high in the morning. On the spreadsheet the *** means the test was 1/2 hour after the column I put the info in.

thanks

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hi Nancy, long time no see. Hope all is well with you.

Let's see what the 1U dose does for Lenny.

But I think you held him too long at the 0.75U dose. So he may have developed some insulin resistance.
    He may need another dose increase soon.
    For now, please hold the 1U dose for at least 3-6 cycles, to see if that helps Lenny.

You want to see lots more blues and greens in the middle of the cycle.

3. NancyJH

NancyJH Member

Hi Deb — Lenny’s been doing good and I’ve been pretty happy with his numbers other than the morning numbers. So if his number is in the 200s tonight I should increase the dose?

4. Deb & Wink

Is that 1- a skinny 1U dose?

If so, I think you are safe to go up to a full 1U dose.

In a couple of days, if Lenny's BG numbers don't fall into the low blues at nadir, I think you will need to increase the dose to 1.25U.

5. NancyJH

NancyJH Member

Deb — yes if there’s a minus after the number it’s a little below the posted dose. Thank you, I’ll try that.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

Sounds good.