Drinking a lot with normal numbers?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angelaf44, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Hi everyone,

Henry has gone over to his water bowl 3 times in the last 30 minutes and I'm having a bit of a panic attack because this is what he did when I first realized he was probably diabetic.

He's been off insulin for two weeks with mostly normal numbers. I just did a BG check and it was 5.3/95. He went for a pee about an hour ago and just out of habit I checked for Ketones, strip was negative.

Is it a coincidence/I'm panicking for no reason or is there something I could be missing? I'm still very new to all of this.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Henry still has a few low blue BGs in his SS although they are bordering on normal numbers. Seeing mostly green numbers is best.
    I would monitor him for a few days to see how much he drinks and keep monitoring the BG.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

One symptom of chronic kidney disease (CKD) is increased urination.

4. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Thanks for responding!

The blues mostly happen when I test 1-2 hours after he eats. This is normal right? I was advised on the Lantus board to wait 3-4 hours after he eats to test and not to give insulin. Although there are a few low blues I can't explain, he stays in green more often if I feed him frequently.

Will monitor BG & water!

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

It’s good he is going down after eating. That indicates his pancreas is working.
    It would be worth monitoring to see he is managing to stay in good numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.