Dude - 5 days on Lantus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cpatt, Jun 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Wow!!!! It's only been 5 days on Lantus and we already have a PMPS of 203. Completely unprepared. Do I give him the full 3 units like we have been doing? We haven't even ran a curve yet, was going to be doing that this weekend. Thanks for all your help!!

Hshray likes this.
  2. Ann & Sister

Ann & Sister Member

That is amazing and I have a similar report on my kitty. On 1 unit Lantus (SLGS) since May 28 with a 2-day break when ill. Her BG is now 140. Lantus is good stuff. Congrats!!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Reason for edit: correction
    Cpatt likes this.
  3. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

For Dude, Lantus is the bomb!! Working much better than the Vetsulin. Congrats on your kitty too!! Numbers are awesome.

Ann & Sister likes this.
  4. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Not sure if it's was the right thing to do or not but we reduced his dose to 2U. We freaked out. It was the lowest pre shot we've had. And don't have much data on the Lantus since we've switched. We will be monitoring him tonight closely

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

We typically hold the starting dose for 7 days for the Lantus depot to build - unless the kitty earns a reduction based on either of our dosing protocols. You can go back to 3U tomorrow morning.

If you post in the Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir) forum, you will get a lot more eyes of experience Lantus users on your posts.

We follow two dosing protocols here. When you can, please read through the stick on Dosing Methods: Start Low, Go Slow (SLGS) & Tight Regulation (TR) and pick one so that we can help you with dosing based on that method. Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.