First low number! Lantus

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina Marie, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Christina Marie

Christina Marie Member

My kitty's PMPS is 131. We are 15 minutes out from his shot time, but his Lantus dose is 5 units!

He has been regularly averaging 400s PS, and barely dipping into the 250s +6

This is our lowest number to date since his diagnosis. Please help! I don't know what dose to give him, but what I am sure of is that his normal 5 units is way too much right now

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Christina Marie likes this.
  3. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry Christina but without a spreadsheet showing his numbers and history, in particular how he got to 5U, we are blind as to be able to offer the right advice for him in his circumstances. That being the case the only advice I could offer is to skip for safety, and I’m really hoping he has no history of ketones when I say that.

Please complete your signature amd add his spreadsheet (available in the tech forum) as soon as you can so we are able to help you better in future :bighug:

Christina Marie and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Christina! This is Chris Ronkoski from the Feline Diabetes Facebook group. I agree with the others. Since we don't know anything about your cat or how you got to 5 units, the best thing to do is skip this shot.

If you want some help setting up a spreadsheet, feel free to send me a PM either on Facebook or here. I set them up for people all the time so it's no trouble at all!

It's always better that the cat be too high for a day than too low for a moment!

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job Christina!! Just one thing....On your spreadsheet, you need to change the permissions so we can see it.

Top right "Share"....then when the new box pops up, along the bottom there's a place to change to "anybody with the link can view"

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Christina, I stopped by again to see if I could review your numbers - but your SS is not shared.

Perhaps tomorrow?

I know it's a lot to get going here on the forum...have a good evening!

7. Christina Marie

Christina Marie Member

8. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I can see your SS now, good job! No need to keep testing every hour :), he is already at +2 = 463, but if you have test data from before today that you can enter, even the past 2 weeks, that would be ideal. Just to help with what to suggest for dose going forward.

tiffmaxee and Christina Marie like this.
  9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would just get a before bed test. It looks like he’s bouncing from being low for him. Welcome to the best place for a diabetic cat.